distributing CDO.dll for multiple platforms?
Author Message
 distributing CDO.dll for multiple platforms?

Hi all!

I need to distribute an application (standard exe) for Outlook 97/98/2000 on
Win 95/98/NT/2000.

The application uses CDO, which isnt installed by default on OL97/98. No
problem there - I can compile the 95 version of cdo.dll into my MSI file.

But the NT version of CDO.dll depends on GAPI32.dll, which isnt compiled
into the MSI automatically. If I add the file manually in the Windows
Installer I cant set the proper path "C:\Program Files\Common
Files\System\Mapi\1033\NT" so I try the System folder

Sometimes it works sometimes it dont?

Any suggestions regarding a fool proof distribution of CDO

Best regards

Jesper

Tue, 15 Apr 2003 16:57:13 GMT
 distributing CDO.dll for multiple platforms?
You are not allowed to distribute CDO. It isn't licensed for that.
BTW, CDO is installed by default for Outlook 97, 98. It is optional
for Outlook 2000. See the ItemCB COM add-in example at
www.microeye.com for a way to force demand loading of CDO from the
Office 2000 CD if it is not installed.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]

Quote:
> Hi all!

> I need to distribute an application (standard exe) for Outlook
97/98/2000 on
> Win 95/98/NT/2000.

> The application uses CDO, which isnt installed by default on
OL97/98. No
> problem there - I can compile the 95 version of cdo.dll into my MSI
file.

> But the NT version of CDO.dll depends on GAPI32.dll, which isnt
compiled
> into the MSI automatically. If I add the file manually in the
Windows
> Installer I cant set the proper path "C:\Program Files\Common
> Files\System\Mapi\1033\NT" so I try the System folder

> Sometimes it works sometimes it dont?

> Any suggestions regarding a fool proof distribution of CDO

> Best regards

> Jesper

Tue, 15 Apr 2003 21:13:28 GMT
 distributing CDO.dll for multiple platforms?

correction... you really might want to look at MS KB article Q171440.  It
covers your questions on what Outlook versions come w/ CDO and at what
version and has a little blurb about distribution right near the bottom.

<quote>
The CDO (1.21) Libraries (Windows 9x and Windows NT versions) are also
available
for free download from the Microsoft Web site at the following URL:

   http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/downloads/cdo.htm

This downloadable version of CDO v1.21 is exceptional in that it can be
redistributed by ISV's (within conditions as set forth on the download
website).
</quote>
--
/Neo

You are not allowed to distribute CDO. It isn't licensed for that.
BTW, CDO is installed by default for Outlook 97, 98. It is optional
for Outlook 2000. See the ItemCB COM add-in example at
www.microeye.com for a way to force demand loading of CDO from the
Office 2000 CD if it is not installed.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]
Co-author of "Programming Microsoft Outlook 2000", Chapters 8-13,
Appendices, Sams

Quote:
> Hi all!

> I need to distribute an application (standard exe) for Outlook
97/98/2000 on
> Win 95/98/NT/2000.

> The application uses CDO, which isnt installed by default on
OL97/98. No
> problem there - I can compile the 95 version of cdo.dll into my MSI
file.

> But the NT version of CDO.dll depends on GAPI32.dll, which isnt
compiled
> into the MSI automatically. If I add the file manually in the
Windows
> Installer I cant set the proper path "C:\Program Files\Common
> Files\System\Mapi\1033\NT" so I try the System folder

> Sometimes it works sometimes it dont?

> Any suggestions regarding a fool proof distribution of CDO

> Best regards

> Jesper

Wed, 16 Apr 2003 07:29:12 GMT

1. Trying to distribute on NT Platform

2. Trying to distribute on NT Platform

3. Trying to distribute on NT Platform

4. System.InvalidCastException when moving Com based WebService to distributed platform

5. Registering & Multiple platforms

6. Importing Multiple Platforms

7. ado/ multiple db platforms/ on sql statement

8. sql connection changes from test platform to working platform

9. Sending multiple attachments with CDO

10. CDO Mail to Multiple Recipients

11. Bridging ActiveX/OLE/DLL and Java on all platforms

12. Bridging ActiveX/OLE/DLL and Java on all platforms