Progam runs on one machine, not on another
Author Message
 Progam runs on one machine, not on another

I have an Access program that has been successfully translated from
Access 2.0 to Access 97.  A prior verson of the program runs fine on my
machine and on my client's.  But an extensive revision of the program
runs on my machine but crashes on my client's.  I have Access 97 SR-1,
he has Access 97 SR-2.

When I try to compile the program on his machine, it produces an error
message:

            Can't find project or library.

and it highlights VBA codel words like   Mid$, Trim$, and Error.

I would appreciate any suggestions/help.  Thanks in advance.

Bob Edwards

Mon, 06 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Progam runs on one machine, not on another
Got it.  Missing references note in MS Access support.  Never mind.
Quote:

> I have an Access program that has been successfully translated from
> Access 2.0 to Access 97.  A prior verson of the program runs fine on my
> machine and on my client's.  But an extensive revision of the program
> runs on my machine but crashes on my client's.  I have Access 97 SR-1,
> he has Access 97 SR-2.

> When I try to compile the program on his machine, it produces an error
> message:

>             Can't find project or library.

> and it highlights VBA codel words like   Mid$, Trim$, and Error.

> I would appreciate any suggestions/help.  Thanks in advance.

> Bob Edwards

Tue, 07 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Progam runs on one machine, not on another
Hi Bob,
On the client machine where it is not working.

    1) Open a module
    2) Go to Tools/References
You should find an item marked MISSING
    3) Remove the check mark next to the MISSING item
    4) Install/register the files for the MISSING reference
    5) Re-establish the reference.

Quote:

>I have an Access program that has been successfully translated from
>Access 2.0 to Access 97.  A prior verson of the program runs fine on my
>machine and on my client's.  But an extensive revision of the program
>runs on my machine but crashes on my client's.  I have Access 97 SR-1,
>he has Access 97 SR-2.

>When I try to compile the program on his machine, it produces an error
>message:

>            Can't find project or library.

>and it highlights VBA codel words like   Mid$, Trim$, and Error.

>I would appreciate any suggestions/help.  Thanks in advance.

>Bob Edwards

Tue, 07 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. V7 Access code runs on one machine and not another

2. Problems running crystal on one machine

3. Running winsock app on one machine?

4. Error 3071...Why on one machine and not on others

5. Excel file opened in IE3 - on one machine starts Excel, others does not

6. Macro Works One Machine Not Another

7. Vb6 and Word working fine on one machine but not on other

8. VB6 progam needs to run MSAccess Report

9. Simple Date SQL Errors on One Machine but not all the rest

10. Vb6 and Word working fine on one machine but not on other

11. MDE's will not run on different machines - sudden Access crash

12. WithEvents and Run-time error 462: The remote server machine does not exists or is unavailable