Newbie Needs Advice For Purchase
Author Message
 Newbie Needs Advice For Purchase

I am interested in starting to write applications for Outlook (probably
Outlook 2000).  I need to write an application for work that is similar to a
contact management package.  Sales people would create work requests, that
are stored in a public folder in Outlook, technicians would do the work,
adding test results etc via a form that would be stored in the folder and
when they are done, I would like the sales people to be notified by email
that there work is done.

I would like your suggestions on what to use as a development environment.
I know a little Visual Basic 6, and some Visual C++.  I have the "Working
Model" edition of VB 6 (distributed with a book I bought), and I have Visual
C++ 6.0.

Should I buy VB 6.0 (Professional), Visual Studio.net etc.?  Supposing that
I do this from home, do I need an exchange server-client hardware setup for
testing the application?

Thanks for any help,

Alton

Wed, 30 Mar 2005 21:45:54 GMT

1. Advice Needed On Printer Purchasing

2. Newbie needs advice on project

3. Need newbie advice please

4. Client / Server newbie needs some advice

5. Newbie Needs Your Advice

6. Newbie needs advice

7. Newbie: need some advice

8. need advice on making modem throughput meter (newbie)

9. Newbie needs advice on scope

10. newbie needs your advice vb5.0

11. Newbie needs advice

12. Newbie Needs Advice