Copy a master-detail record into another database?
Author Message
 Copy a master-detail record into another database?

Hello,
how do I copy a Master-Detail record from the actual database into a new
created Database? I need to get the same relations in the new database.

Thanks all for your help!
Thomas

Sun, 18 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Copy a master-detail record into another database?
Hi Thomas,

You'll need to run an Append query to first append the Detail records to a
table in the new database and then run another Append query to append the
Master records.

You can also try to simply issue a TransferDatabase on the Master-Detail
tables if you intend to copy all the records.  This might be slightly
faster.

If you decide to go the Append query route, you can specify an external
database by saying <.SQL..> IN "C:\Temp\SomeDB.MDB" <.rest of SQL..>

HTH
--
Dev Ashish (Just my $.001)
---------------

:Hello,
:how do I copy a Master-Detail record from the actual database into a new
:created Database? I need to get the same relations in the new database.
:
:Thanks all for your help!
:Thomas
:

Sun, 18 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Master-Detail with 2 seperate detail sections per master record, CR.NET

2. Link multiple datagrids to a single record (Master\Detail Form with multiple details)

3. Reporting on Master / Detail Records?

4. Creating Master/Detail records

5. Add New record to Master/Detail recordset

6. Inserting detail rows in master-detail configuration (VB4)

7. Master-Detail Database

8. Looking for real life master-detail database form example

9. loosing a couple of records while merging Databases Tables to a master DataBase

10. how to copy a record from one database to another database with the same struture

11. how copy records from databases to databases ?

12. Copying records from jet database to a new jet database