Find Contact based on mail Recipient
Author Message
 Find Contact based on mail Recipient

I am developing a small program using VBA (Outlook 2000)

I would like to wrote a small routine that will open all contacts items that
relate to an e-mail that I have sent. )The e-mail is originally created by
choosing contacts and then adding them to the To field.)

I would like to be able to click a button that will open up the contact
items for the e-mail.

How can I identify the contact from the recipeints property of the e-mail.

Thanks in advance.

Sanjay

Fri, 13 Aug 2004 13:47:19 GMT
 Find Contact based on mail Recipient
Read the SMTP address out of the recipients property.
Reference the items collection in the relevant contacts folder.
Loop through the contacts.
Nest a loop inside this loop to cycle through the 3 email addresses
which can be stored in a contact.
Set a boolean variable to be true if the addresses match.
Open the contact item if boolean variable is true.
Quote:

> I am developing a small program using VBA (Outlook 2000)

> I would like to wrote a small routine that will open all contacts items that
> relate to an e-mail that I have sent. )The e-mail is originally created by
> choosing contacts and then adding them to the To field.)

> I would like to be able to click a button that will open up the contact
> items for the e-mail.

> How can I identify the contact from the recipeints property of the e-mail.

> Thanks in advance.

> Sanjay

Fri, 13 Aug 2004 20:08:29 GMT
 Find Contact based on mail Recipient
What happens if there are two people with the same SMTP address.
Sanjay

Quote:
> Read the SMTP address out of the recipients property.
> Reference the items collection in the relevant contacts folder.
> Loop through the contacts.
> Nest a loop inside this loop to cycle through the 3 email addresses
> which can be stored in a contact.
> Set a boolean variable to be true if the addresses match.
> Open the contact item if boolean variable is true.

Quote:
> > I am developing a small program using VBA (Outlook 2000)

> > I would like to wrote a small routine that will open all contacts items
that
> > relate to an e-mail that I have sent. )The e-mail is originally created
by
> > choosing contacts and then adding them to the To field.)

> > I would like to be able to click a button that will open up the contact
> > items for the e-mail.

> > How can I identify the contact from the recipeints property of the
e-mail.

> > Thanks in advance.

> > Sanjay

Sat, 14 Aug 2004 04:01:28 GMT
 Find Contact based on mail Recipient
Both of them open.

If you want a unique identifier, there's an object ID for contact
items, but that's not stored in recipients properties, I'm pretty
sure.

I think you're stuck with the SMTP address as far recipients go.

Actually, perhaps it's possible to read out the display name as well
and use that as a second identifier before opening the contact item.

You'll need to experiment.

Quote:

> What happens if there are two people with the same SMTP address.
> Sanjay

> > Read the SMTP address out of the recipients property.
> > Reference the items collection in the relevant contacts folder.
> > Loop through the contacts.
> > Nest a loop inside this loop to cycle through the 3 email addresses
> > which can be stored in a contact.
> > Set a boolean variable to be true if the addresses match.
> > Open the contact item if boolean variable is true.

> > > I am developing a small program using VBA (Outlook 2000)

> > > I would like to wrote a small routine that will open all contacts items
>  that
> > > relate to an e-mail that I have sent. )The e-mail is originally created
>  by
> > > choosing contacts and then adding them to the To field.)

> > > I would like to be able to click a button that will open up the contact
> > > items for the e-mail.

> > > How can I identify the contact from the recipeints property of the
>  e-mail.

> > > Thanks in advance.

> > > Sanjay

Sat, 14 Aug 2004 18:56:11 GMT

1. Find E-Mail people "contact"

2. find contacts of mail item

3. Cannot mail to Contacts with modified Contact Form

4. Can Not send Mail to Contacts that use a Modified Contact Form

5. Anyone automated contact import into Custom Recipients???

6. Find a contact in Outlook contact or in a access database

7. Linking Recipients to Contact Item???

8. Recipients/Contact info

9. Linking Recipients to Contacts

10. Link recipient to contacts?

11. Contact from recipient (this should be so simple.)

12. e-mailing multiple recipients