Word2000 crashes with custom VB6 ActiveX Control
Author Message
 Word2000 crashes with custom VB6 ActiveX Control

Hi,

I'm having problems adding a VB6 OCX to a Word2000 document. I make an
empty control using the VB wizard and try to add it to the document
using the tools menu. Sometimes I can add it and Word will give me a
'Memory could not be "read"' error on the save or the close, and
sometimes I get that error on the add. I can add Microsoft controls
without error, it just seems to be an issue with a control I develop.
I can add this custom control to a machine running win98 and office
2000 with no problems, but when I move to a win2k machine it always
crashes. Does anyone know if there is something I need to specify in
the ActiveX Control when I make it so it can run in a win2K word2000
environment? Or if there is a service pack for word or vb that I need
to get? I am running Win2k, VB6, and Word 2000.

Thanks very much for any input,
Kathryn

Sun, 14 Nov 2004 23:10:48 GMT

1. Custom ActiveX controls cause MS-Office 2000 forms to crash

2. IE 6 CRASH repeatingly refreshing webpage with Custom ActiveX Control

3. IE 6 CRASH repeatingly refreshing webpage with Custom ActiveX Control

4. ActiveX Control Crashes - VB6

5. ActiveX control crashes Excel and ActiveX test container

6. ActiveX control crashes Excel and ActiveX test container

7. Changing Properties of ActiveX Control In FP Crashes the control

8. Custom Control Crash

9. Replace VBX custom controls with ActiveX controls

10. (ActiveX) Control Toolbox crashing Outlook 2000

11. VB ActiveX Control crashes in Excel

12. GetObject() crashes when loading a word doc containing an ActiveX control