Data Tips causing invalid page fault
Author Message
 Data Tips causing invalid page fault

I came across a problem in my Access 97 SR2 code and when I selected the
questionable string to paste it into the debug window, the mouse cursor
happened to rest over the top of the highlighted text.  Normally this causes
a data tip to pop up and give the current value.  It caused an "Illegal
Operation" with "invalid page fault in module VBA332.DLL".  I believe the
string was less than 255 characters.  Since then, I've used another
computer, created a new database and module, created a subroutine such as:
  Dim a as string
  a = "asdf afdsa fdsa afsd afsd asfaafds fdsa fdsa fdsa fdsasafdadsffdsa "
& _
        "asdf afdsa fdsa afsd afsd asfaafds fdsa fdsa fdsa fdsasafdadsffdsa
"

The string was divided between two lines.  I set a break point and len(a)
gave 132 characters.  Selecting the quoted string and then resting the
cursor over it causes the Illegal Operation.  This has attempted to teach me
to save often!

Any clues or a known problem?  I haven't been able to find information on
it.

Thanks,

Duane T.

Tue, 01 Jul 2003 01:49:32 GMT
 Data Tips causing invalid page fault
Confirmed!

Tried it here and same thing.
What conditions I wonder??

Quote:

> I came across a problem in my Access 97 SR2 code and when I selected the
> questionable string to paste it into the debug window, the mouse cursor
> happened to rest over the top of the highlighted text.  Normally this causes
> a data tip to pop up and give the current value.  It caused an "Illegal
> Operation" with "invalid page fault in module VBA332.DLL".  I believe the
> string was less than 255 characters.  Since then, I've used another
> computer, created a new database and module, created a subroutine such as:
>   Dim a as string
>   a = "asdf afdsa fdsa afsd afsd asfaafds fdsa fdsa fdsa fdsasafdadsffdsa "
> & _
>         "asdf afdsa fdsa afsd afsd asfaafds fdsa fdsa fdsa fdsasafdadsffdsa
> "

> The string was divided between two lines.  I set a break point and len(a)
> gave 132 characters.  Selecting the quoted string and then resting the
> cursor over it causes the Illegal Operation.  This has attempted to teach me
> to save often!

> Any clues or a known problem?  I haven't been able to find information on
> it.

> Thanks,

> Duane T.

Tue, 01 Jul 2003 02:51:33 GMT

1. VB6 Data Report Design Causes Invalid Page Fault

2. MSACCESS caused an invalid page fault in module VBA332.DLL

3. MSACCESS caused an invalid page fault in module vba332.dll

4. MSACCESS caused an invalid page fault

5. Winword caused an invalid page fault in module VBE6.DLL

6. Editpaste causes invalid page fault?

7. VB5 caused an invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.DLL

8. VB6 caused invalid page fault in module MSXBSE35.DLL

9. VB6 caused an invalid page fault

10. Native code compiled exe causes Invalid page fault

11. VB5 caused an invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.DLL

12. VB32 caused an invalid page fault HELP!