How to read mp3 ID3v1 Tag and other properties in ACCESS VBA
Author Message
 How to read mp3 ID3v1 Tag and other properties in ACCESS VBA

I have some mp3 Files and an ACCESS database for some evaluations.
A VBA module reads the properties of each file in a directory and writes the
name, the file size and the date into a table.
Now I would also like to have some of the ID3v1 Tag items and some other
information that a program like Winamp can read out of the mp3 like length
in seconds, the sample frequency and others read by the VBA module and
written into the table.
In other words: how can I get the information of mp3 files in VBA within a
module in ACCESS?

Sun, 12 Oct 2003 03:51:49 GMT
 How to read mp3 ID3v1 Tag and other properties in ACCESS VBA
"Just" Get the definition of the mp3 file format somewhere on the web, then
accessing file information is just like accessing a simple text file (more
or less), but there won't be anything really tricky there..

Good luck searching =)

Btw, when you've found, post it here, many will be happy..

> I have some mp3 Files and an ACCESS database for some evaluations.
> A VBA module reads the properties of each file in a directory and writes
the
> name, the file size and the date into a table.
> Now I would also like to have some of the ID3v1 Tag items and some other
> information that a program like Winamp can read out of the mp3 like length
> in seconds, the sample frequency and others read by the VBA module and
> written into the table.
> In other words: how can I get the information of mp3 files in VBA within a
> module in ACCESS?

Sun, 12 Oct 2003 17:44:42 GMT

1. Strings and reading ID3v1 Tags for MP3s

2. Read & write mp3 ID3v2 Tags

3. Read MP3 Tag informations via VB.NET?

4. how can I read MP3-Tags

5. Read/Write MP3 Info Tags

6. Reading MP3 ID3 Tag

7. Help Reading ID3 Tag Information from MP3 file

8. Can VBScript access an Mp3 Tag?

9. Setting tag property (optbutton) in VBA code not working

10. Reading the .Tag property of a control

11. Accessing a Property through read-only and read-write interfaces

12. import information from MP3-tag to acces DB