Data Report Designer - Field Drag and Drop not functioning
Author Message
 Data Report Designer - Field Drag and Drop not functioning

I am using VB 6.0 Enterprise on a Win 98 machine.  I am
trying to use the Data Report Designer to output
information from a database created with the VB Visual
Data Manager.  I add a Data Environment, add a Data
Report, create a connection to the database(it tests
properly), add a command linked to a table in the database
and the fields all appear grey in the data viewer.  I
can't drag and drop them on to the Data Report.  I can
click on the table and it opens up and I can see and edit
the data in an "Access type" window.  I just can't use the
fields in the report.  I worked through a sample using the
Northwind database and it gets to the part where I should
drag and drop fields and they are unavailable.  Am I
missing a reference?  Is it a permission issue? Any help
would be appreciated.

Tue, 07 Jun 2005 03:40:18 GMT

1. drag-and-drop from Data Environment designer onto custom control

2. concatenating data-bound fields in report designer

3. Subject:Data report Designer does not work!!!

4. Data Designer and a Report Designer.

5. Can not drag fields from Data Environment onto Form

6. Data Report Designer - Sub Reports

7. Can't drag the command in Data Enviroment Designer to From

8. Crystal Report vs MS Data Report Designer

9. Ole data in Access database to retrieve in report ( Report Designer 6 + VB 6 )

10. Microsoft Data Report Designer or Crystal Reports

11. Crystal Reports and the New Data report Designer

12. data report / data environment designers