CDO vs Outlook Objec Model
Author Message
 CDO vs Outlook Objec Model

I have an IMAP4 account and am trapping MailItem arrivals from the Outlook
object
model.  Problem is , I can't extract X-Fields or the Comments Field of the
IMAP4 mail.
This sucks!

Will CDO solve this problem for me?
Does CDO require Exchange?
Can you trap errors in Outlook with CDO?

Herb Ramos

Sat, 26 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 CDO vs Outlook Objec Model

Quote:
> I have an IMAP4 account and am trapping MailItem arrivals from the Outlook
> object
> model.  Problem is , I can't extract X-Fields or the Comments Field of the
> IMAP4 mail.
> This sucks!

Yes, it does.  I spent 16 hours Monday trying to figure out how to extract
the Message-ID field.

Quote:
> Will CDO solve this problem for me?

Yes, but you might have to do some work to extract more {*filter*} headers.

Quote:
> Does CDO require Exchange?

Not really.  However you will have to register CDO.DLL.  Check out:

http://www.*-*-*.com/

Quote:
> Can you trap errors in Outlook with CDO?

As far I as I have seen so far.

cfs

Sun, 27 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. CDO vs. Outlook Object Model

2. CDO vs Outlook 2000 Object Library?? (Outlook Newbie)

3. Outlook Object Model and CDO

4. Outlook Object Model or CDO

5. vbscripting and visual interdev objec model

6. CDO vs Outlook libraries

7. CDO Fields vs. Outlook UserProperties

8. using outlook 97 object model with outlook 95?

9. Outlook Object Model in Access + Outlook View Control

10. Outlook Object Model... Need Version of Outlook

11. Calendar Folders and the CDO object model

12. VBA in Outlook XP Vs Outlook 2000.