Changing macro actions using DAO/VBA code
Author Message
 Changing macro actions using DAO/VBA code

Any light that can be shed on this would be a major help.

Using DAO I can modify the properties of tabledefs, querydefs, reports etc.
at runtime. Does anyone know how to modify the attributes of existing macros
using code? I can't do it, since there is no macro object.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Fri, 15 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Changing macro actions using DAO/VBA code

Quote:
> Using DAO I can modify the properties of tabledefs, querydefs, reports etc.
> at runtime. Does anyone know how to modify the attributes of existing macros
> using code? I can't do it, since there is no macro object.

There's no way to do this with DAO. Access provides some undocumented
interfaces (APIs) for working with macros programmatically, but they're

a) Undocumented
b) Tricky to use
c) Completely disappearing in Access 2000

I've not really dug into this (I know the folks at FMS have), but I'd be
awfully wary since there's no chance your code would ever work in Access
2000. -- Ken

Fri, 15 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Changing macro actions using DAO/VBA code
Try to use Application.SaveAsText method

Alex

Quote:

>Any light that can be shed on this would be a major help.

>Using DAO I can modify the properties of tabledefs, querydefs, reports etc.
>at runtime. Does anyone know how to modify the attributes of existing
macros
>using code? I can't do it, since there is no macro object.

>Thanks for any suggestions.

Sat, 16 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Using a VBA Macro to copy a VBA Macro

2. Macro/VBA Code for changing the cell shade color

3. macro changing code in another macro

4. macro to change code in another macro

5. speed of DAO code vs VBA code

6. VBA coding to call an Excel VBA macro from Outlook

7. Help: Action setting won't run VBA code in PPT slideshow

8. How to change fieldsize with DAO/VBA?

9. VBA DAO Code

10. Reading/Changing/Creating macro's with VBA

11. change macro security level with VBA

12. Changing Macro Security in VBA/Template as New Doc