Save as Read Only
Author Message
 Save as Read Only

Help please!

Can anyone tell me how to save a file as Read only. What
properties do I set where?

Thanks

Fri, 11 Mar 2005 15:36:41 GMT
 Save as Read Only

I don't believe you can do that with the SaveAs method, but
you can use the SetAttr method to set the read-only attribute.
However, you can't use SetAttr on an open file, so you'd have
to save the file first, then run SetAttr.  See the VBA help on
SetAttr for syntax.

--

Reply ONLY to the newsgroup.  Note: MVPs do not work for Microsoft.
MVP FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/word

Quote:

> Help please!

> Can anyone tell me how to save a file as Read only. What
> properties do I set where?

> Thanks

Fri, 11 Mar 2005 17:18:51 GMT

1. Save As Read-only And Disable For Document The Contain Macros Warning

2. save and read binary files

3. Saving and reading files in Visual Basic

4. Save and read .jpg images from and to Access db

5. Fast text saving and reading!!

6. Make read-only after saving

7. Reading text file attachments without saving to disk

8. read fax and save attachments

9. vb script to read and save attatchments

10. Outlook 2000: Custom form - read page keeps asking for save changes

11. Read e-mail ----->save attachment

12. Read HTML formatted data from database field, Insert Wordmerge fields, and save as Word document