What is "Unexpected error (35012)"?
Author Message
 What is "Unexpected error (35012)"?

This error message appears on one of 4 PC's on a LAN that run the same
Access97 application.  The only options in the message dialog box are OK and
Help; clicking OK locks up the Access application and Help says "Report the
problem to MS Technical Support."

The PC that gets the message is a WIN98 machine; the others on the LAN are
WIN95.  Access97 is at SR-1 level on all PC's.

I searched the Knowledge Base but could find nothing on this error message
--
Birk Binnard
Peninsula Software

Tue, 07 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 What is "Unexpected error (35012)"?
The answer is -- the MDB file was corrupt.  I replaced it with an updated
version from my development system and things went back to normal.  What is
interesting, however, is how the original MDB file got corrupted in the
first place.

What happened was this: I was attempting to isolate a logic problem in one
of the applications modules by using single-step mode on several form
modules.  I did this several times, sometimes stopping and checking a value
in the Debug window against a value in one of the tables.  When I finished I
closed all the open windows and replied "No" to each question about "Save
changes?"

It was after this that the 35012 errors occurred.  I did not realize it at
the time, but the size of the MDB file had increased from 2.2MB to 8.9MB.
Apparently the process of using single step/debug mode caused the MDB to
become corrupted.  This has not happened to me before, but I can attribute
the problem to no other cause.

In the future, if I need to do debugging at the clients location (which is
likely) I'll make a copy of the MDB file first and use the copy for
debugging purposes.
--
Birk Binnard
Peninsula Software

Thu, 09 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. UNEXPECTED ERROR 35012!!

2. Unexpected Errors 35012

3. "Unexpected error - quitting" error

4. Error "Unexpected error"?

5. VB5Prog.exe "Unexpected Error" on XP

6. An "unexpected error" adding OCX control

7. VB5 apps reports "unexpected error"

8. "Unexpected Error" shit

9. Generic Setup "Unexpected Error: Quiting"

10. "Unexpected Error, Quitting" in VB4 program

11. Solution to "Unexpected Error - Quitting"

12. "Unexpected Error" during installation