Item_Send with Forwarded Messages
Author Message
 Item_Send with Forwarded Messages

I have a custom form with an Item_Send function (see
below) - does anyone know why a forwarded message doesn't
obey this command?

The function I am currently using is as follows:

Function Item_Send()
Item.UserProperties("Track") = Application.GetNamespace
("MAPI").CurrentUser & "," & Item.UserProperties("Track")
End Function

For some reason it only works when the form is first sent.
Once it is forwarded it doesn't carry on adding the user
names into "Track".

Thanks for your help

Mon, 05 Dec 2005 23:47:14 GMT
 Item_Send with Forwarded Messages
Try using Item_Forward. There's also an Item_Reply event.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]

Quote:
> I have a custom form with an Item_Send function (see
> below) - does anyone know why a forwarded message doesn't
> obey this command?

> The function I am currently using is as follows:

> Function Item_Send()
> Item.UserProperties("Track") = Application.GetNamespace
> ("MAPI").CurrentUser & "," & Item.UserProperties("Track")
> End Function

> For some reason it only works when the form is first sent.
> Once it is forwarded it doesn't carry on adding the user
> names into "Track".

> Thanks for your help

Tue, 06 Dec 2005 02:45:51 GMT
 Item_Send with Forwarded Messages
Make sure the Forward custom action on the (Actions) page of the form in design mode is pointing to your published custom form. Otherwise, you may be getting a one-off item, which will not run code.
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

> I have a custom form with an Item_Send function (see
> below) - does anyone know why a forwarded message doesn't
> obey this command?

> The function I am currently using is as follows:

> Function Item_Send()
> Item.UserProperties("Track") = Application.GetNamespace
> ("MAPI").CurrentUser & "," & Item.UserProperties("Track")
> End Function

> For some reason it only works when the form is first sent.
> Once it is forwarded it doesn't carry on adding the user
> names into "Track".

> Thanks for your help

Tue, 06 Dec 2005 05:27:03 GMT
 Item_Send with Forwarded Messages
Many thanks to you both. It now works like a charm!

Quote:

Quote:
>> I have a custom form with an Item_Send function (see
>> below) - does anyone know why a forwarded message
doesn't
>> obey this command?

>> The function I am currently using is as follows:

>> Function Item_Send()
>> Item.UserProperties("Track") = Application.GetNamespace
>> ("MAPI").CurrentUser & "," & Item.UserProperties
("Track")
>> End Function

>> For some reason it only works when the form is first
sent.
>> Once it is forwarded it doesn't carry on adding the
user
>> names into "Track".

>> Thanks for your help
>.

Tue, 06 Dec 2005 16:27:48 GMT

1. Get a warning message when programatically forward message

2. How do I prevent a message from being sent or forwarded

3. Forwarding messages using 1 button

4. Forward message

5. Remove "FW" prefix in Forwarded messages

6. How to forward open message with VBA?

7. Processing multiple (forwarded) Emails contained in one message?

8. Rule that change subject and forward message

9. Forwarding without "---Original Message---"

10. CDO - Forwarding messages with attachments

11. Macro to forward current message.

12. Modify and forward every received message automatically