Automation error
Author Message
 Automation error

Every time I start MS Word 2000 SR-1, I get error message:

Microsoft Visual Basic
Automation error

How could I get rid of this message? Word works fine.

Fri, 02 Apr 2004 19:42:02 GMT
 Automation error
Hi Mikko,

THere is a macro named AutoExec that's trying to run. Either
you have an addin in your Office STARTUP folder, or a macro
virus. Assuming you've scanned your system for macro viruses
with up-to-date anti-virus software:

Remove all files from the STARTUP folder and rename your
Normal.dot template to Normal.old. Now try starting Word.

Quote:
> Every time I start MS Word 2000 SR-1, I get error message:

> Microsoft Visual Basic
> Automation error

> How could I get rid of this message? Word works fine.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.mvps.org/word
http://go.compuserve.com/MSOfficeForum

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any
follow question or reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail
:-)

Thu, 08 Apr 2004 18:04:30 GMT

1. Compile error: Automation error, Error 32811: Unexpected error

2. Automation Error during Remote Procedure Call (RPC) using DCOM and Automation Manager

3. Compilation error: Automation Error (Error 440)

4. Run-time error '-2147417846 (8001010a)': Automation error (error 440)

5. Run-time error '-2147417846 (8001010a)': Automation error (error 440)

6. Compilation error/Automation error

7. Compile error: Automation error

8. Automation error (Error 440)

9. Error: Automation Error and other problems

10. Compile Error : Automation Error

11. Automation error... Error 424, Object Required

12. Receive Error (404) Automation Error when creating new mailitem from MS Access