Running a word Macro & an excel macro
Author Message
 Running a word Macro & an excel macro

Hi,

I have produced a macro that will import a text file into an excel workbook
and produce various reports in the form of worksheets.

At the moment a word macro opens the html page that this macro cleans up
saves it and then the excel macro does the rest.

Is there a way of running both the word macro and the excel macro from word?

If that won't work is there another way?

Thanks

Andrew

Thu, 11 Sep 2003 21:28:51 GMT
 Running a word Macro & an excel macro
Hi Andrew,

You can control Excel from Word, and have Excel run its macro, or you can
control Word from Excel.

The following articles describe the techniques

Control Excel from Word
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/InterDev/ControlXLFromWord.htm

Control Word from Excel
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/InterDev/ControlWordFromXL.htm

--
Regards
Jonathan West - Word MVP

Quote:
> Hi,

> I have produced a macro that will import a text file into an excel
workbook
> and produce various reports in the form of worksheets.

> At the moment a word macro opens the html page that this macro cleans up
> saves it and then the excel macro does the rest.

> Is there a way of running both the word macro and the excel macro from
word?

> If that won't work is there another way?

> Thanks

> Andrew

Thu, 11 Sep 2003 22:38:04 GMT

1. Macros in Excel: How do I avoid getting confirmation windows when I run the macro

2. Word Macro runs then gets Macro Not Found

3. Word Macro runs then gets Macro Not Found

4. Running a Word VBA sub/macro from Excel

5. Running an Excel Macro from Word

6. Run an Excel and Word macros under VB 5.0

7. Let Word run a macro from within Excel?

8. Run an Excel and Word macros under VB 5.0

9. Back to back Excel & Word VBA macros

10. microsoft excel 4.0 macros coversion to excel 5.0 macros

11. Word 97 Macros > Word XP Macros

12. Excel -> Word MailMerge (Excel Macro)