One last explanation - apology to the group
Author Message
 One last explanation - apology to the group

Hello again. I just need to clarify why I look like a pompous ass
(deservedly so) as a result of a post that looks like it is directed to
Andy Baron, but is actually directed to myself, Andy Peterson
(herinafter referred to as "the Idiot").

I posted a question to this newsgroup about creating relations between
tables. And, as has happend so many times in the past, Andy Baron came
to my rescue with a response. Unfortunately, I did not see his response,
and in the meantime, found the answer myself, which I took from the help
manual.

Because I had hoped others may learn from what I learned, and also
because I didn't want anyone wasting their time trying to solve a
problem that no longer needed solving, I responded to my own question in
what was supposed to be a self-deprecating, humorous way:

     "Here's the solution Andy. by the way, you are an excellent
     programmer, even
     if this answer was copied right out of the help manual."

The "Andy" here is ME, not Mr. Baron. I am NOT an excellent programmer
-- I stink. And the answer WAS copied right out of the help manual,
because I rely on anything I can get my hands on to become better at
programming - my passion - despite the fact that I do stink at it. What
I didn't consider was the not so remote possibility that Andy Baron may
have already posted a response, and saved my behind again, and that he
or anyone else viewing this may have thought that my stupid remarks were
directed to him, which they were not. They were directed to me!

I feel like I have bit the hand that feeds. The fact is I need this
newsgroup to survive. When I can, I try to answer questions in hopes of
giving something back. I only hope that everyone understands.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.
Andy Peterson

Wed, 04 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 One last explanation - apology to the group
Worry not, my friend. The hand, though bit, still feeds.
The teeth that bit were of my making.
Your innocence is clear and good repute unharmed.

(Can you tell I just saw "Shakespear in Love"? Great movie!)

 -- Andy

Quote:

>Hello again. I just need to clarify why I look like a pompous ass
>(deservedly so) as a result of a post that looks like it is directed to
>Andy Baron, but is actually directed to myself, Andy Peterson
>(herinafter referred to as "the Idiot").

>I posted a question to this newsgroup about creating relations between
>tables. And, as has happend so many times in the past, Andy Baron came
>to my rescue with a response. Unfortunately, I did not see his response,
>and in the meantime, found the answer myself, which I took from the help
>manual.

>Because I had hoped others may learn from what I learned, and also
>because I didn't want anyone wasting their time trying to solve a
>problem that no longer needed solving, I responded to my own question in
>what was supposed to be a self-deprecating, humorous way:

>     "Here's the solution Andy. by the way, you are an excellent
>     programmer, even
>     if this answer was copied right out of the help manual."

>The "Andy" here is ME, not Mr. Baron. I am NOT an excellent programmer
>-- I stink. And the answer WAS copied right out of the help manual,
>because I rely on anything I can get my hands on to become better at
>programming - my passion - despite the fact that I do stink at it. What
>I didn't consider was the not so remote possibility that Andy Baron may
>have already posted a response, and saved my behind again, and that he
>or anyone else viewing this may have thought that my stupid remarks were
>directed to him, which they were not. They were directed to me!

>I feel like I have bit the hand that feeds. The fact is I need this
>newsgroup to survive. When I can, I try to answer questions in hopes of
>giving something back. I only hope that everyone understands.

>Thank you for taking the time to read this.
>Andy Peterson

Wed, 04 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 One last explanation - apology to the group

Quote:

>Hello again. I just need to clarify why I look like a pompous ass
>(deservedly so) as a result of a post that looks like it is directed to
>Andy Baron, but is actually directed to myself, Andy Peterson
>(herinafter referred to as "the Idiot").

Actually you've come out of this minor
sticking-your-foot-deeply-in-your-mouth fiasco looking quite good in
my eyes.   It takes a pretty decent person to publicly acknowledge
that they're wrong and that they've screwed up.

Congratulations.

Tony
----
Message posted to newsgroup and emailed.
Tony Toews, Independent Computer Consultant
The Year 2000 crisis: Will my parents or your grand parents still be receiving
their pension in January, 2000?  See http://www.granite.ab.ca/year2000
http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm

Thu, 05 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Announcing APPLICATION RUNNER (My Apologies To This Group)

2. FREE Tools... My apologies to the group

3. Announcing APPLICATION RUNNER (My Apologies To This Group)

4. Apologies, Apologies now please let the matter end.

5. How do I display only the last group?

6. No page break after last group?

7. Help - How to print grand total counts with the last group in a report

8. URGENT: Getting Values from First/Last Record of a Group

9. Check if field is in last line of a group

10. Please ignore my last message - sent to wrong group

11. Seperating First, Middle, Last Name from one field

12. Ignore my last message, read this one!