Set control to subform and allow edits
Author Message
 Set control to subform and allow edits

What's the best way in VBA to program an "Add Grades"
button that will switch control from "Registered
Students" form to a subform "Allgrades" and allow edits
in the subform to add grades?

I must not understand the syntax correctly, as the
de{*filter*} keeps alerting me to run-time errors.

Thanks.

Sat, 29 Jan 2005 20:50:15 GMT
 Set control to subform and allow edits
Jim it would me more clear what you are trying to do if you were to post the
code and describe what you want and what is happening.

--

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Make a Great Day

Quote:
> What's the best way in VBA to program an "Add Grades"
> button that will switch control from "Registered
> Students" form to a subform "Allgrades" and allow edits
> in the subform to add grades?

> I must not understand the syntax correctly, as the
> de{*filter*} keeps alerting me to run-time errors.

> Thanks.

Sat, 29 Jan 2005 21:57:33 GMT
 Set control to subform and allow edits
I think you could set the button click event to do the
following:

forms!Allgrades.setfocus
forms!Allgrades.alloadditions = true (if necessary)

this last line will allow addition of records to the
subform (if it was protected), PROVIDED THAT the subform
is based on an updatable query or table which is not
somehow locked plus have appropriate form/subform links,
etc.
Gino

Quote:

Sun, 30 Jan 2005 07:33:24 GMT

1. Using a main form to control the edit properties of a subform using VBA

2. looking for a table control that allows in cell editing at run time

3. Control name of subform from code behind subform

4. DHTML Edit Control, RTF Edit Control, Access 97 Client, SQLServer 7.0 Back End

5. DHTML Edit Control, RTF Edit Control, Access 97 Client, SQLServer 7.0 Back End

6. margin setting in edit controls

7. How Set Data in Masked Edit Control

8. Setting Focus for Masked Edit control

9. Setting Background Color of an Edit Control

10. Set text in a edit control in VB4.0

11. Edit control, setting text, SetDlgItemText

12. Subform editing with code (Advanced users)