reverse and forward engineering
Author Message
 reverse and forward engineering

HI,

I would like to use VISIO for enterprise architects to
build a database model. We have an existing access
database and need to put it into a more professional one
(either SQl server and/or oracle).

I did a reverse engineer from the access database first
which looks very good. Then I want to generate into a sql
server database. Tables no problem, but there are a few
problems with the views.
I have some views which uses other views in them and after
a generate I get errors and when I look at the sql
statements then I get something like :"select
UNKNOWN_COLUMN AS [pkBHLOTref],... from from
UNKNOWN_BASE_TABLE;"
This seems to occur also if you have 1 table that occurs
twice in the same view (like "from TABLE1 as 1, TABLE2 as
2").
And also when there is a use of the * (like "select
TABLE1.* from TABLE1").

Are there solutions for this or am I doing somehing wrong?
Tahnk you
Arvid Mestdagh

Sat, 25 Dec 2004 16:13:11 GMT

1. something like reverse engineering

2. Visio - Database Reverse Engineering

3. Reverse Engineering - Complications?

4. Preserving Code in Reverse Engineering

5. Reverse Engineer UML from VB6 behaves strange

6. ??UML Reverse Engineer Refresh???

7. Visio UMS reverse engineering

8. reverse engineering basic

9. Can you reverse engineer a quickbasic program?

10. Avoiding recompiling/reverse engineering

11. reverse engineering

12. Reverse Engineering tool for missing VB source file