word 2002 record macro won't record searching for font atttibutes
Author Message
 word 2002 record macro won't record searching for font atttibutes

In Word 2002, I want to search in a selection for all instances of
"not bold" text and replace each instance with a bold "... " [not the
quotes, just the elipses and space].

When I record, it works live, but then when I look at the macro in
Visual Basic, no formatting attributes are in there.

I tried several other formatting attributes besides "not bold," and
the macro record function does not pick up any of them.

I know sometimes recorded macros don't work as you like, but how could
it not record at all any of the various font formatting attributes I
tried?

I could do this in Word 97.

Please help!

Fri, 11 Mar 2005 13:40:29 GMT

1. Word 2002 macro recorder doesn't record Font characteristics during Search/Replace

2. macro created in Word 2002 does not record font change

3. Word 2002 Template won't open in Word 2000

4. Macro won't search footnotes and endnotes in Word

5. Can't search in Word 2002

6. Word 2002 doesn't run Word2K template/macros

7. word VBA won't let me add a new record to an access table

8. Going from Word 97 to Word 2002 (Macros)

9. Word 2002: How to save a file in Word 97 format in Word 2002

10. Search and Replace Macro commands won't work from VB5 Application

11. Record 'Save as HTML' Macro

12. Record Set Guru's - Can't Create Record Set error 429