User-defined Function Procedure in Access Query
Author Message
 User-defined Function Procedure in Access Query

I had a function for patching leading zeros which I wrote
in Access 97. It still works in Access 97. When I tried to
use it the same way in Access 2000 query, I got the error
message "wrong number of arguments used with function in
query 'Padzero([ID])". Is there any syntax change in
Access VBA between Access97 and Access2000?

All I did was pasting my old function in Access 2000
module, and ran and saved it. In the Query, I put in query
design grill

NewID:Padzero([ID])

I can see anything wrong with this. I used it before in
Access 97.  Can anyone enlighten me on this?

Tue, 13 Jul 2004 05:39:44 GMT
 User-defined Function Procedure in Access Query
Check your References.
See if any are MISSING.
Check that DAO 3.6 is referenced.
--
Joe Fallon
Access MVP

Quote:
> I had a function for patching leading zeros which I wrote
> in Access 97. It still works in Access 97. When I tried to
> use it the same way in Access 2000 query, I got the error
> message "wrong number of arguments used with function in
> query 'Padzero([ID])". Is there any syntax change in
> Access VBA between Access97 and Access2000?

> All I did was pasting my old function in Access 2000
> module, and ran and saved it. In the Query, I put in query
> design grill

> NewID:Padzero([ID])

> I can see anything wrong with this. I used it before in
> Access 97.  Can anyone enlighten me on this?

Tue, 13 Jul 2004 12:37:57 GMT
 User-defined Function Procedure in Access Query

Quote:

>I had a function for patching leading zeros which I wrote
>in Access 97. It still works in Access 97. When I tried to
>use it the same way in Access 2000 query, I got the error
>message "wrong number of arguments used with function in
>query 'Padzero([ID])". Is there any syntax change in
>Access VBA between Access97 and Access2000?

>All I did was pasting my old function in Access 2000
>module, and ran and saved it. In the Query, I put in query
>design grill

>NewID:Padzero([ID])

>I can see anything wrong with this. I used it before in
>Access 97.  Can anyone enlighten me on this?

my copy of Access 97 has never heard of a function called Padzero.  It
must be a custom function that you or someone else has added.

----------------
Richard "ManxMan" Killey

www.comeandread.com/access

visit my site for tips

Tue, 13 Jul 2004 20:37:33 GMT

1. Accessing a Microsoft Access Query with a user defined function in VB.

2. Answer: User Defined Function in Query called from outside Access

3. executing Access query containing a user-defined function through VB

4. Executing Access query containing a user-defined function through VB

5. Passing user defined types to functions/procedures

6. calling access querydef that calls a user defined access function

7. Access97: User defined variant function treated as string in query

8. My user-defined functions stopped working in a query

9. HELP: User defined function inside query

10. user defined function in query

11. Use of User Defined Function in a query

12. User-defined functions in Queries with Jet?