Hyperlink errors - "An unexpected error has occurred" - even with NWind sample db
Author Message
 Hyperlink errors - "An unexpected error has occurred" - even with NWind sample db

I can't get any hyperlink datatype links to work in A97. Even the one in
NWind Traders, the link to the external file "CAJUN.HTM" return this
error: "An unexpected error has occurred". Big help.

The links I am trying to add to the hyperlink data field in the table are
being pointed to a file with the browse button. They are valid html
files. I cannot use the browse button to set the hyperlink to a bookmark
within the html page - it says it cannot open the requested file or
something.

I have tried this on two machines with the same result. So is this a dead
feature?

Just for info, I have IE3 installed, it works fine, even as an ActiveX
control. Have never tried IE4.

--
Michael Simcich

Sat, 08 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Hyperlink errors - "An unexpected error has occurred" - even with NWind sample db

I don't know if this is affecting you or not, but I know it happens
with hyperlinks on the internet. Access will not start the browser
unless dial up networking is actually connected. I get the same error
as you. When I disconnect from the server and log on to my ISP with
DUN, everything works. Go figure!

Larry

Quote:

>I can't get any hyperlink datatype links to work in A97. Even the one in
>NWind Traders, the link to the external file "CAJUN.HTM" return this
>error: "An unexpected error has occurred". Big help.

>The links I am trying to add to the hyperlink data field in the table are
>being pointed to a file with the browse button. They are valid html
>files. I cannot use the browse button to set the hyperlink to a bookmark
>within the html page - it says it cannot open the requested file or
>something.

>I have tried this on two machines with the same result. So is this a dead
>feature?

>Just for info, I have IE3 installed, it works fine, even as an ActiveX
>control. Have never tried IE4.

Mon, 10 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Hyperlink errors - "An unexpected error has occurred" - even with NWind sample db

That is strange indeed - maybe even more so than what I am running into.
In my case there is nothing to start up, so I wonder what Access is
looking for? Just out of curiosity, have you looked at the Supplier form
in NW, the second record, Cajun something, which has a link to a htm file
in the Access dir? Does it work for you?

--
Michael Simcich

Quote:

> I don't know if this is affecting you or not, but I know it happens
> with hyperlinks on the internet. Access will not start the browser
> unless dial up networking is actually connected. I get the same error
> as you. When I disconnect from the server and log on to my ISP with
> DUN, everything works. Go figure!

> Larry

> >I can't get any hyperlink datatype links to work in A97. Even the one in
> >NWind Traders, the link to the external file "CAJUN.HTM" return this
> >error: "An unexpected error has occurred". Big help.

> >The links I am trying to add to the hyperlink data field in the table are
> >being pointed to a file with the browse button. They are valid html
> >files. I cannot use the browse button to set the hyperlink to a bookmark
> >within the html page - it says it cannot open the requested file or
> >something.

> >I have tried this on two machines with the same result. So is this a dead
> >feature?

> >Just for info, I have IE3 installed, it works fine, even as an ActiveX
> >control. Have never tried IE4.

Mon, 10 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Error 2147217887 -- "Errors Occurred"

2. Next Problem - Error 80040E21 "Error Occurred."

3. "Unexpected error - quitting" error

4. Error "Unexpected error"?

5. error 80020009 "exception occurred"

6. ADO msg "Errors occurred" after update

7. What is "Unexpected error (35012)"?

8. VB5Prog.exe "Unexpected Error" on XP

9. An "unexpected error" adding OCX control

10. VB5 apps reports "unexpected error"

11. "Unexpected Error" shit

12. Generic Setup "Unexpected Error: Quiting"