Detect Mouse Movements
Author Message
 Detect Mouse Movements

I am modifying a form that cannot be completely displayed on the screen
verticly without scrolling down.  It has verticle scroll bars.  In other
words, the user inputs data in part of the form and then has to scroll
down to see the remainder of the form and input more data.  A user asked
me if I could make it so that when the user is editing the lower part of
the form or moving the mouse over the lower part of the form, the form
would automatically scroll down so the user would not have to press the
scroll button.  I said I have never seen that before and I don't know
how to do that if it can be done.  Can this be done?  If so, how?  I
noticed in Access97, when you are just moving the mouse (not pressing
any buttons) over the different tabs representing Access objects in the
database window (for instance, the Forms or Queries tab), that the
letters automaticly change colors.  I would think if this can be done,
than what the user asked me should be able to be done.  Can it?

Thanks,
Keith

Wed, 26 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Detect Mouse Movements
There are MouseMove events, but there is not a way to directly control
scrolling. You could insert pagebreaks, and try using gotopage. Or use
control.setfocus. Or perphaps use a tab control to divide up the form
rather than relying on scrolling.

 -- Andy

Quote:
>I am modifying a form that cannot be completely displayed on the screen
>verticly without scrolling down.  It has verticle scroll bars.  In other
>words, the user inputs data in part of the form and then has to scroll
>down to see the remainder of the form and input more data.  A user asked
>me if I could make it so that when the user is editing the lower part of
>the form or moving the mouse over the lower part of the form, the form
>would automatically scroll down so the user would not have to press the
>scroll button.  I said I have never seen that before and I don't know
>how to do that if it can be done.  Can this be done?  If so, how?  I
>noticed in Access97, when you are just moving the mouse (not pressing
>any buttons) over the different tabs representing Access objects in the
>database window (for instance, the Forms or Queries tab), that the
>letters automaticly change colors.  I would think if this can be done,
>than what the user asked me should be able to be done.  Can it?

>Thanks,
>Keith

Thu, 27 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Detect Mouse Movements
Hi.

Use the Mousemove event of the form.

Regards:
vinod kumar k.l

www.e-supportpoint.com

Quote:
> I am modifying a form that cannot be completely displayed on the screen
> verticly without scrolling down.  It has verticle scroll bars.  In other
> words, the user inputs data in part of the form and then has to scroll
> down to see the remainder of the form and input more data.  A user asked
> me if I could make it so that when the user is editing the lower part of
> the form or moving the mouse over the lower part of the form, the form
> would automatically scroll down so the user would not have to press the
> scroll button.  I said I have never seen that before and I don't know
> how to do that if it can be done.  Can this be done?  If so, how?  I
> noticed in Access97, when you are just moving the mouse (not pressing
> any buttons) over the different tabs representing Access objects in the
> database window (for instance, the Forms or Queries tab), that the
> letters automaticly change colors.  I would think if this can be done,
> than what the user asked me should be able to be done.  Can it?

> Thanks,
> Keith

Fri, 28 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Detect Mouse Movements
You may also think about using page breaks within your form, and utilizing
GoToPage when controls receive the focus at the "top" of every page.

Quote:
> I am modifying a form that cannot be completely displayed on the screen
> verticly without scrolling down.  It has verticle scroll bars.  In other
> words, the user inputs data in part of the form and then has to scroll
> down to see the remainder of the form and input more data.  A user asked
> me if I could make it so that when the user is editing the lower part of
> the form or moving the mouse over the lower part of the form, the form
> would automatically scroll down so the user would not have to press the
> scroll button.  I said I have never seen that before and I don't know
> how to do that if it can be done.  Can this be done?  If so, how?  I
> noticed in Access97, when you are just moving the mouse (not pressing
> any buttons) over the different tabs representing Access objects in the
> database window (for instance, the Forms or Queries tab), that the
> letters automaticly change colors.  I would think if this can be done,
> than what the user asked me should be able to be done.  Can it?

> Thanks,
> Keith

Fri, 28 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Detect Mouse Movements
Thanks for the suggestions.  I will try it out.
Quote:

> There are MouseMove events, but there is not a way to directly control
> scrolling. You could insert pagebreaks, and try using gotopage. Or use
> control.setfocus. Or perphaps use a tab control to divide up the form
> rather than relying on scrolling.

>  -- Andy

> >I am modifying a form that cannot be completely displayed on the screen
> >verticly without scrolling down.  It has verticle scroll bars.  In other
> >words, the user inputs data in part of the form and then has to scroll
> >down to see the remainder of the form and input more data.  A user asked
> >me if I could make it so that when the user is editing the lower part of
> >the form or moving the mouse over the lower part of the form, the form
> >would automatically scroll down so the user would not have to press the
> >scroll button.  I said I have never seen that before and I don't know
> >how to do that if it can be done.  Can this be done?  If so, how?  I
> >noticed in Access97, when you are just moving the mouse (not pressing
> >any buttons) over the different tabs representing Access objects in the
> >database window (for instance, the Forms or Queries tab), that the
> >letters automaticly change colors.  I would think if this can be done,
> >than what the user asked me should be able to be done.  Can it?

> >Thanks,
> >Keith

Fri, 28 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Detecting mouse movement for all forms at once

2. Help needed - detecting mouse movement

3. Detecting mouse movement over a MCIWNDX.VBX ??

4. Detect mouse movement or key press in VBS ?

5. Alternate Ways to Detect Mouse Movements

6. Detecting Mouse Movements and Keystrokes

7. DETECTING MOUSE movement

8. Detecting Mouse Movement BEFORE Cursor Moves?

9. Detecting Mouse Movement BEFORE Cursor Moves?

10. Detecting Mouse Movement BEFORE Cursor Moves?

11. mouse move event detected with no mouse movement?!?

12. Detecting Keystrokes and Mouse Movements/Clicks