Command to Open a Printer Port
Author Message
 Command to Open a Printer Port

Hi,

I'm trying to write some code which sends a txt file to a Dymo label printer
without having a printer driver.

Although I can print it through a DOS prompt I cannot get the VBA code right
to print it through Windows (Word in particular).
My code "Open "LPT3:" As Output for 1#" is where I'm stopping.  Is there any
other command I can use which will print my file directly to the label
printer?

Hope someone can help.

thanks
Debbie

Sun, 13 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Command to Open a Printer Port

Quote:
> Hi,

> I'm trying to write some code which sends a txt file to a Dymo label printer
> without having a printer driver.

> Although I can print it through a DOS prompt I cannot get the VBA code right
> to print it through Windows (Word in particular).
> My code "Open "LPT3:" As Output for 1#" is where I'm stopping.  Is there any
> other command I can use which will print my file directly to the label
> printer?

> Hope someone can help.

> thanks
> Debbie

Hi Debbie,

How about ActiveDocument.PrintOut

That will send the contents of the document to the printer. Install the
Generic Text driver as the default, and you don't get any fancy
formatting.

Richard (NL)

--
Foar de kofje net eamelje!
+---++---++-**-++---++---+

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Sun, 13 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB4.0 sending commands to rs232 (com port) and printer port

2. Get Open Local Ports (what ports are open)

3. Get Open Local Ports (what ports are open)

4. send command to printer port

5. Opening Printer.Port under NT 4.0/5.0?

6. Help, How to send printer command to printer bypassing printer driver in vb

7. Printer Port as Output Data Port

8. how to change printer-port/printer

9. Open ports / Blocking ports

10. printing and talking with a serial pos printer, changing the port of a printer

11. how to send printer commands to a printer

12. Sending Printer Commands to Printer using QBASIC