Is there a maximum number of recipients?
Author Message
 Is there a maximum number of recipients?

Using VBA and CDO to send a message with an attachment to
a group of receipients.  Seems to work OK for a small list
of receipients but fails when I send to a large group. Not
sure if the restriction is the number of recipients or the
length of the string.

Initially, I was using a syntax such as:

message.subject = "This is your message"
message.to

message.send

Just wondering, if I use the recipients collection, is
this restriction lifted?  Is their a maximum number of
recipients for a message?  Any general info or guidance
would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Tue, 21 Dec 2004 19:40:58 GMT
 Is there a maximum number of recipients?
You didn't say what happens when you use a large number of recipients or
even what you consider to be large. Most ISPs put a restriction on the
maximum number of recipients as a spam preventative.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

> Using VBA and CDO to send a message with an attachment to
> a group of receipients.  Seems to work OK for a small list
> of receipients but fails when I send to a large group. Not
> sure if the restriction is the number of recipients or the
> length of the string.

> Initially, I was using a syntax such as:

> message.subject = "This is your message"
> message.to

> message.send

> Just wondering, if I use the recipients collection, is
> this restriction lifted?  Is their a maximum number of
> recipients for a message?  Any general info or guidance
> would be much appreciated.

> Thanks in advance.

Tue, 21 Dec 2004 21:45:39 GMT
 Is there a maximum number of recipients?
I am trying to send a message to about 20 to 30 people.
Conceivably it could go as high as 100.

As to the actual error,  I'll have to retry and get back
with you.  I recall message was either Invalid Address or
the Could not deliver to one or more addressee's.

Quote:

Wed, 22 Dec 2004 01:59:59 GMT

1. Finding the number of recipients

2. limit on the number of recipients

3. Number of Recipients Limited?

4. Number of recipients in Exchange 5.5 GAL

5. Maximum number sizes

6. Maximum number of records

7. Maximum number of users....

8. Maximum number of information services

9. Maximum number of shapes in a page

10. maximum number DocVars and bookmarks

11. maximum number of users

12. Maximum Number of Controls on a Form