object model - need help referencing specific cells
Author Message
 object model - need help referencing specific cells

I'm trying to figure out the syntax for displaying the contents of a
specific cell within the prohect db ... the field that I'm looking for is
stored in the "Text_Fields" table and I'll know the UniqueID and the FieldID
... how is that represented using the MS Project object model?

ps. I got the field and table names by saving the project as an Access db
... but it's too slow to use as the back-end!

thanks!

Mon, 16 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 object model - need help referencing specific cells
In Project VBA either access the database directly using DAO or open the
project and access the tasks directly.

--
Rod Gill
Microsoft Project MVP

Click www.projectlearning.com/ now.

Quote:
> I'm trying to figure out the syntax for displaying the contents of a
> specific cell within the prohect db ... the field that I'm looking for is
> stored in the "Text_Fields" table and I'll know the UniqueID and the
FieldID
> ... how is that represented using the MS Project object model?

> ps. I got the field and table names by saving the project as an Access db
> ... but it's too slow to use as the back-end!

> thanks!

Tue, 17 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 object model - need help referencing specific cells
Rod

As suggested by Rod you can use DAO (or ADO) to access data from the
database directly (let us know if you need more details).

Again as suggested by Rod, If you want to access the cell value by opening
the project, use the following syntax (assuming text1 field to be accessed
for task with unique id 2)

activeproject.tasks.UniqueID(2).GetField(pjTaskText1)

Regards
Venkata Krishna

Quote:
> In Project VBA either access the database directly using DAO or open the
> project and access the tasks directly.

> --
> Rod Gill
> Microsoft Project MVP
> If you want Automated reporting across multiple project files and
> Time sheets that seamlessly update Project files

> Click www.projectlearning.com/ now.

> > I'm trying to figure out the syntax for displaying the contents of a
> > specific cell within the prohect db ... the field that I'm looking for
is
> > stored in the "Text_Fields" table and I'll know the UniqueID and the
> FieldID
> > ... how is that represented using the MS Project object model?

> > ps. I got the field and table names by saving the project as an Access
db
> > ... but it's too slow to use as the back-end!

> > thanks!

Thu, 19 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Enabling specific Smart Tags via object model

2. Report Object Model/Viewer Object Model

3. Needing some help slugging thru Outlook object model

4. Need help with Outlook Object Model

5. Need help designing Business Object Model

6. Hard-Code Object-Model References???

7. Circular references in Object Models.

8. Hard-Coding Object-Model References???

9. Circular references in Object Models.

10. Circular references in Object Models.

11. Need help in resolving circular references between objects

12. Need help finding missing objects/references for a VB program