Saving a file with a default name.
Author Message
 Saving a file with a default name.

Hi Russell,

Do you really mean the subject (as in the built-in document property)? I don't see
anything about "subject" in the macro code you posted. If you mean something else,
please describe what you need more accurately :-)

Quote:
> I'm saving a file to a specific directory according to the user's registry
> settings.  I'm also naming the file according to information contained in the
> document.  There is only one thing I can't get to work and that is the subject
> of the document.  The subject is not contained in the document until the user
> enters it while all the other information such as company and contact name is
> entered automatically when the document is created.  I was trying to figure out
> if there was a way to re-execute the code below when the user clicks on the save
> button so it would pick up the subject string.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.*-*-*.com/
http://www.*-*-*.com/

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow question or reply in
the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Thu, 23 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Saving a file with a default name.
Hi Russell,

Quote:
> On the document is a text box labeled txtSubject.

Next question (sorry! But we have to have complete
information in order to help you)

Is this a text box from the Forms toolbar, the Drawing
toolbar or the Control Toolbox?

http://go.compuserve.com/MSOfficeForum

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any
follow question or reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail
:-)

Sat, 25 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Supplying Default File Name in Save window

2. show save as dialog with default doc path but current file name

3. Set default-name for menu-item save

4. VB code to save a text file format using current date as file name

5. VB code to save a text file format using current date as file name

6. dynamically getting file name when saving DOC file in VB

7. How to specify default file name ?

8. Help setting default file names

9. CommonDialog and default file name

10. (off topic) IE5 default save file type

11. Default File Type in SAVE AS dialog box

12. Setting default folder when saving files during VB6 development