How draw circle in UserForm in Word?
Author Message
 How draw circle in UserForm in Word?

Sat, 13 Sep 2003 20:16:58 GMT
 How draw circle in UserForm in Word?
Hi, Alex,

First, use your favorite drawing program to draw a circle. Make it the same
size as it should appear on the userform, since bitmaps don't stretch
gracefully. Fill the background with medium gray -- the same color as the
userform background. Set the color depth to 16 colors. Save it to a file,
preferably in .jpg format, which is about 1/10 the size of the equivalent
.bmp file.

In your userform, insert an Image control. Set the control's Picture
property to the name of the file. You can then play whatever games you like
with the properties BorderColor, BorderStyle, PictureAlignment, etc. If
other controls will overlap the circle, set their backgrounds to
Transparent.

Regards,
Jay

Quote:
> How draw circle in UserForm in Word?

Mon, 15 Sep 2003 04:30:23 GMT
 How draw circle in UserForm in Word?

Alex, one minor follow-up to Jay's answer:  If you fill the background
with gray your image should be pleasing to most users, but if any of
them have changed their Windows color scheme away from the standard
(in Display Properties), the gray may stick out like -- well, gray.
I've never figured out what to do about that.  It's just something
you may want to be prepared to, er, discuss.

----------- "Life is nothing if you aren't obsessed." --John Waters

> Hi, Alex,

> First, use your favorite drawing program to draw a circle. Make it the same
> size as it should appear on the userform, since bitmaps don't stretch
> gracefully. Fill the background with medium gray -- the same color as the
> userform background. Set the color depth to 16 colors. Save it to a file,
> preferably in .jpg format, which is about 1/10 the size of the equivalent
> .bmp file.

> In your userform, insert an Image control. Set the control's Picture
> property to the name of the file. You can then play whatever games you like
> with the properties BorderColor, BorderStyle, PictureAlignment, etc. If
> other controls will overlap the circle, set their backgrounds to
> Transparent.

> Regards,
> Jay

> > How draw circle in UserForm in Word?

Mon, 15 Sep 2003 11:57:32 GMT

1. Can I draw a circle?

2. drawing lines and circles

3. Circle drawing for PowerBASIC

4. Circle drawing for Brand X

5. Circle drawing code

6. Want to draw a circle

7. Drawing circles

8. MSChart - drawing circles

9. drawing circles onto picture boxes

10. Who to Draw a Semi-Circle

11. How to draw graphic circles outside a form, over other application screens

12. Draw and UnDraw a circle on a form?