How do I pass data to parameter query
Author Message
 How do I pass data to parameter query

I would like to create a module/Macro that will prompt a
user for a string value and pass that information to more
than one paramter query.

Thanks,

Ted

Sun, 17 Oct 2004 06:04:55 GMT
 How do I pass data to parameter query
On Tue, 30 Apr 2002 15:04:55 -0700, "Ted S"

Quote:

>I would like to create a module/Macro that will prompt a
>user for a string value and pass that information to more
>than one paramter query.

>Thanks,

>Ted

I use a Form as the basis for this type of thing.

Check out my article at  http://www.comeandread.com/access/tip001.htm

----------------
Richard "ManxMan" Killey

www.comeandread.com/access

visit my site for tips

Sun, 17 Oct 2004 06:23:59 GMT
 How do I pass data to parameter query
That's fine for one query, but I want the same parameter
to be used for multiple queries.

Thanks,
Ted

Quote:

Sun, 17 Oct 2004 06:57:14 GMT
 How do I pass data to parameter query
On Tue, 30 Apr 2002 15:57:14 -0700, "Ted S"

Quote:

>That's fine for one query, but I want the same parameter
>to be used for multiple queries.

>Thanks,
>Ted

if you mean sequentially one after the other until done,   then have
the code on the form start all the queries.

maybe if you explain what the purpose of the queries is I can offer a
more detailed solution

----------------
Richard "ManxMan" Killey

www.comeandread.com/access

visit my site for tips

Sun, 17 Oct 2004 07:16:01 GMT
 How do I pass data to parameter query
On Tue, 30 Apr 2002 15:57:14 -0700, "Ted S"

Quote:

>That's fine for one query, but I want the same parameter
>to be used for multiple queries.

So? As long as the Form is open, you can run as many queries as you
like. They'll all reference the Form. No code and no macro needed.

                  John W. Vinson[MVP]
    Come for live chats every Tuesday and Thursday
http://go.compuserve.com/msdevapps?loc=us&access=public

Sun, 17 Oct 2004 10:38:12 GMT
 How do I pass data to parameter query
Okay.  There records in one database that need to be
updated in another database.  Currently the user is
opening the first database and table and coping the record
from Database A to Database B. (They don't want to update
the whole table because there are some records that they
don't want to modify.)  There are individual records in
many tables that have the same "tag number" that need to
be updated.

For example: Database A has an Equipment Table, an Air
Compressor table, and a General Equpiment Table.  They all
have information on the same piece of equipment with
a "Tag Nubmer" and need to be updated.

The thought was to be able to have 1 prompt for the Tag
Number and be able to copy all the records from the tables
in Database A to Database B.

I have an update query that will update the information
but to reduce the times the user has to enter in the tag
number it would be easier with 1 prompt.

Thanks,

Ted

Quote:

Sun, 17 Oct 2004 23:28:09 GMT
 How do I pass data to parameter query
Richard and John -

Thank you.  It took me a little while to understand.  I get it now and it
works the way that I want it to.

Thanks,

Ted

Quote:
> On Tue, 30 Apr 2002 15:57:14 -0700, "Ted S"

> >That's fine for one query, but I want the same parameter
> >to be used for multiple queries.

> >Thanks,
> >Ted

> if you mean sequentially one after the other until done,   then have
> the code on the form start all the queries.

> maybe if you explain what the purpose of the queries is I can offer a
> more detailed solution

> ----------------
> Richard "ManxMan" Killey

> www.comeandread.com/access

> visit my site for tips

Mon, 18 Oct 2004 02:09:55 GMT

1. Passing Parameters to stored parameter queries using VB 5's Data Controls

2. Passing Data to Parameter Queries

3. Passing Parameters to SQL Query in a contols data source

4. Executing Access queries with Data Control and parameter passing

5. passing parameter to a parameter query

6. Passing Parameters into a Pass-Through Query

7. Passing parameters to SQLServer using a Pass-Through query

8. Please tell me what I am doing wrong - DAO parameter Append Query :(

9. Showing parameters pass to data environment in data report header

10. Showing parameters pass to data environment in data report header

11. Showing parameters pass to data environment in data report header

12. Editing data in a parameter query in Data Environment