Windows API calls
Author Message
 Windows API calls

Hi All,
Can anyone give me any pointers to how to create a Network folder on an NT
file server from access 97 & a win2k client. I would like to give the user
the ability to click a cmd button on an access form and create the folder
based on the string value of a client textbox.
The UNC path would be static, except the client folder name.
e.g. \\servername\share\[client_name]
I'm assuming I will have to use the windows api.
The share folder will also have the appropriate NTFS rights for a user to do
this...

~~TIA
tom

Wed, 30 Mar 2005 00:30:26 GMT
 Windows API calls
You can use the MkDir statement in VBA to create a folder.

Quote:
> Hi All,
> Can anyone give me any pointers to how to create a Network folder on an NT
> file server from access 97 & a win2k client. I would like to give the user
> the ability to click a cmd button on an access form and create the folder
> based on the string value of a client textbox.
> The UNC path would be static, except the client folder name.
> e.g. \\servername\share\[client_name]
> I'm assuming I will have to use the windows api.
> The share folder will also have the appropriate NTFS rights for a user to
do
> this...

> ~~TIA
> tom

Wed, 30 Mar 2005 02:21:13 GMT
 Windows API calls
Ooops... i see now a simple....

Private Sub cmdMakeDir_Click()
    Dim StrDir As String
    StrDir = Forms!frmReports!txtClient

                MkDir ("\\Uet1\data\temp\" & StrDir)

    End Sub

...will do.

tom

Quote:
> Hi All,
> Can anyone give me any pointers to how to create a Network folder on an NT
> file server from access 97 & a win2k client. I would like to give the user
> the ability to click a cmd button on an access form and create the folder
> based on the string value of a client textbox.
> The UNC path would be static, except the client folder name.
> e.g. \\servername\share\[client_name]
> I'm assuming I will have to use the windows api.
> The share folder will also have the appropriate NTFS rights for a user to
do
> this...

> ~~TIA
> tom

Wed, 30 Mar 2005 02:24:42 GMT

1. Windows API call to set windows colors (HELP Please)

2. Windows API Call

3. VB.NET and Windows API Calls

4. VB.Net Namespace equivalents for Windows API calls

5. Windows API Calls using VBscript

6. Extracting Network Info via Windows API calls How ???

7. Closing an application with a Windows API call

8. Closing application with windows API call

9. Help: Windows Api Calls

10. CExec.DLL - FREE utility to encapsulate a few difficult Windows API calls

11. Windows API Calls

12. How to broadcast Messages using Windows API Calls?