Pointers needed to start Outlook 2000 VBA programming
Author Message
 Pointers needed to start Outlook 2000 VBA programming

Greetings everybody,

I would like to write a simple program to do the following in Outlook
2000:

For every incoming email
 If from a specific sender
  Examine the body looking for particular texts
  Edit and forward the email to a recipient whose address is in the
text
  Move the incoming email to a specific folder

I am a programmer (VB, SQL etc) but have no experience in VBA/Outlook.
It seems like it should not be too difficult to do but where do I
start? What form would such a script/program take? Any useful
pointers/references/websites/examples would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
My Grain

Tue, 06 Apr 2004 22:29:01 GMT
 Pointers needed to start Outlook 2000 VBA programming
www.slipstick.com

Quote:
> Greetings everybody,

> I would like to write a simple program to do the following in Outlook
> 2000:

> For every incoming email
>  If from a specific sender
>   Examine the body looking for particular texts
>   Edit and forward the email to a recipient whose address is in the
> text
>   Move the incoming email to a specific folder

> I am a programmer (VB, SQL etc) but have no experience in VBA/Outlook.
> It seems like it should not be too difficult to do but where do I
> start? What form would such a script/program take? Any useful
> pointers/references/websites/examples would be greatly appreciated.

> Cheers
> My Grain

Tue, 06 Apr 2004 22:13:22 GMT
 Pointers needed to start Outlook 2000 VBA programming
You might take a look at http://www.slipstick.com/dev/code/quarexe.htm. This
will give you a basic framework for handling incoming messages and moving
them to another folder under certain conditions. The property that contains
the body of the message is the Body property. See
http://www.slipstick.com/dev/code/getsenderaddy.htm for details on getting
the sender's address.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
   Outlook and Exchange Solutions

Quote:
> Greetings everybody,

> I would like to write a simple program to do the following in Outlook
> 2000:

> For every incoming email
>  If from a specific sender
>   Examine the body looking for particular texts
>   Edit and forward the email to a recipient whose address is in the
> text
>   Move the incoming email to a specific folder

> I am a programmer (VB, SQL etc) but have no experience in VBA/Outlook.
> It seems like it should not be too difficult to do but where do I
> start? What form would such a script/program take? Any useful
> pointers/references/websites/examples would be greatly appreciated.

> Cheers
> My Grain

Wed, 07 Apr 2004 20:49:33 GMT
 Pointers needed to start Outlook 2000 VBA programming
Thanks to everyone who replied.

Just before I posted the message I had stumbled across
www.slipstick.com but found it unusable - I think the network
connection from work was playing up. Anyway, now having accessed it
from home I can see that it answers every question that I had - and
more!

Again, many thanks.

Cheers
My Grain

Wed, 07 Apr 2004 22:21:25 GMT

1. How to set the form I design default in Outlook 2000 by program(VBA)

2. Problem starting Acces 97 after having started Outlook 2000

3. Need the VBA code to save and close a task item in Outlook 2000

4. Database object fail to load after starting Office 2000 or Outlook 2000

5. Need a program to extract email addresses from MS Outlook 2000 folders/messages

6. Need to display the calendar of Outlook 2000 from another program

7. start a program .exe using outlook vba

8. VBA in Outlook XP Vs Outlook 2000.

9. Programs folder (Outlook 2000 or Outlook Express

10. Need Help Manipulating Excel 2000 from Access 2000 using VBA

11. HELP!!! - Outlook VBA Programming assistance Needed

12. How to start Outlook 2000 ?