Search Public Folders - recurse through folders
Author Message
 Search Public Folders - recurse through folders

Does anyone know where I could find a routine/function that would
allow me to recursively go through a folder tree and perform
operations(i.e. searching) on all the items in all the folders.
Thanks!

Sat, 26 Jun 2004 03:44:17 GMT
 Search Public Folders - recurse through folders
Recursive searches through the entire public folder hierarchy can be very
slow from a performance perspective. Take a look at SharePoint Portal
Server, which can create search indexes on PF trees for Exchange 5.5 or
Exchange 2000 server. For details, see
http://www.microsoft.com/sharepoint/evaluation/overview/
--
Randy Byrne, MVP - Outlook
http://www.microeye.com

Does anyone know where I could find a routine/function that would
allow me to recursively go through a folder tree and perform
operations(i.e. searching) on all the items in all the folders.
Thanks!

Sat, 26 Jun 2004 05:00:40 GMT
 Search Public Folders - recurse through folders
Thanks for the tip.  Actually we currently use SPPS but the scope that
I wanted to search was wider than what is currently set up.  I wanted
to write a quick one time routine in attempt to recover some lost
data, but the data was found so all is good!

Quote:
> Recursive searches through the entire public folder hierarchy can be very
> slow from a performance perspective. Take a look at SharePoint Portal
> Server, which can create search indexes on PF trees for Exchange 5.5 or
> Exchange 2000 server. For details, see
> http://www.microsoft.com/sharepoint/evaluation/overview/
> --
> Randy Byrne, MVP - Outlook
> http://www.microeye.com
> Building Applications with Microsoft Outlook 2002 (MSPress - July 2001)
> Building Applications with Microsoft Outlook 2000 (MSPress)
> http://www.microeye.com/books
> Micro Eye ZipOut 2000
> http://www.microeye.com/zipout

> Does anyone know where I could find a routine/function that would
> allow me to recursively go through a folder tree and perform
> operations(i.e. searching) on all the items in all the folders.
> Thanks!

Mon, 28 Jun 2004 01:36:07 GMT

1. Syncing public folders with local folders automatically

2. How can I get/guess email address of a folder under the Public Folder

3. Public Folder Contact folders.

4. Unread Items in Public Folders like in personal Folders

5. Syncing public folders with local folders automatically

6. Syncronize in programmatic way, the folder Contact with the public folder

7. How can I get/guess email address of a folder under the Public Folder

8. Accessing a folder in public folders using an ADO recordset

9. VB to Search through Public Folder and Delete Item

10. "Fuzzy" searching of public folders

11. Search Multiple Public Folders

12. How can i search on More Public folder?