userform on network
Author Message
 userform on network

Mistakenly posted this also on pagelayout..

If I am using a userform as a Menu for selecting forms (made from the
toobar), and I have 18 computers, can I just place this userform on
the server and have each computer somehow load this userform menu up,
otherwise whenever  I have to make a change on this menu, I'll have to
change it on all computers? Am I correct in thinking this way? I'm
using word2000.. Bill

Sat, 20 Sep 2003 23:25:25 GMT
 userform on network
You will want this to be recognized as a "global" template. You can indeed
put such a template on the network server and have its resources available
to anyone connected to the network who has read access to that file. See
http://www.addbalance.com/usersguide/templates.htm for more about templates
(global and otherwise).

Just to be sure, when you say UserForm, I am assuming that you mean the VBA
object known as a UserForm and not a Form which is a Word Document /
Template created using the Forms toolbar.
--
Charles Kenyon

Word New User FAQ & Web Directory:
http://www.addbalance.com/word

Legal Users' Guide to Microsoft Word (supplemented)
http://www.addbalance.com/usersguide
from my ignorance and your wisdom.

Quote:
> Mistakenly posted this also on pagelayout..

> If I am using a userform as a Menu for selecting forms (made from the
> toobar), and I have 18 computers, can I just place this userform on
> the server and have each computer somehow load this userform menu up,
> otherwise whenever  I have to make a change on this menu, I'll have to
> change it on all computers? Am I correct in thinking this way? I'm
> using word2000.. Bill

Sat, 20 Sep 2003 23:40:04 GMT
 userform on network
Charles, could you be a little more specific,, I now just ahve a
userform.dot
in each startup folder, and it adds a  button to the Word2000 toolbar, the

userform is on each and every computer, and I would like to just have the
userform on he server..I would still like to use the button on the toolbar
point to the userform on the server..Could you assist with me?   I also
posted
a question on the newsgroup about why when I select a  form for some
reason it
is not the active form, the form itself is directly behind a blank
"document1",
we just have to merely close out the blank document,, Why does this happen
with
word2000.....word97 works  fine though.... Thank you....Bill

Quote:

> Mistakenly posted this also on pagelayout..

> If I am using a userform as a Menu for selecting forms (made from the
> toobar), and I have 18 computers, can I just place this userform on
> the server and have each computer somehow load this userform menu up,
> otherwise whenever  I have to make a change on this menu, I'll have to
> change it on all computers? Am I correct in thinking this way? I'm
> using word2000.. Bill

Mon, 29 Sep 2003 01:15:06 GMT

1. Storing userform data on a network

2. Userform rebuffed by 2 of 8 networked PCs

3. UserForm updating a 2nd UserForm?

4. Two Questions - Making a userform active / Accessing a userform via a variable

5. How to center a Form to the UserForm it belongs to, if the UserForm has moved

6. Network error but no network ???

7. Distinguishing dial-up networking from local network

8. FileSystemObject - Network Drive/Network Path

9. Network Browser (Network Neighborhood)

10. hints on configuring dial-up networking, networking, etc.

11. HELP : Network : How to get VB to display Network Connections

12. Connecting to network shares when network is detected only - help please