Set Contact Folder to be E-Mail Address List in Code
Author Message
 Set Contact Folder to be E-Mail Address List in Code

Hi,

I'm trying to sort what appears to be an old problem, in
that I'm trying to get a contact Folder I've created
through MAPI (in VB) to appear as an e-mail address list.

Now I'm aware that it's available as a MAPIFolder property
in Outlook 2002. But we're a little behind and are still
using 2000.

Has anyone manage to resolve this problem through cdo or
extended MAPI?

Thanks

Craig.

Mon, 25 Oct 2004 18:50:51 GMT
 Set Contact Folder to be E-Mail Address List in Code
I believe you can do it with Extended MAPI, but Dmitry would know
better about that. There is a CDO prop tag that supposedly lets you do
that but I've never had any luck in trying to get it to work.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]

Quote:
> Hi,

> I'm trying to sort what appears to be an old problem, in
> that I'm trying to get a contact Folder I've created
> through MAPI (in VB) to appear as an e-mail address list.

> Now I'm aware that it's available as a MAPIFolder property
> in Outlook 2002. But we're a little behind and are still
> using 2000.

> Has anyone manage to resolve this problem through cdo or
> extended MAPI?

> Thanks

> Craig.

Mon, 25 Oct 2004 23:09:27 GMT
 Set Contact Folder to be E-Mail Address List in Code
Yes, you could hack it using Extended MAPI, but even in that case the folder
won't show up until you restrt Outlook.
Note: I just played with it, so I don't have any sample code readily available,
I just know that in principle you could do that.

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
http://www.dimastr.com/
OutlookSpy  - Outlook, CDO
and MAPI Developer Tool

Quote:
> I believe you can do it with Extended MAPI, but Dmitry would know
> better about that. There is a CDO prop tag that supposedly lets you do
> that but I've never had any luck in trying to get it to work.

> --
> Ken Slovak
> [MVP - Outlook]
> http://www.slovaktech.com
> Lead Author, Professional Outlook 2000 Programming, Wrox Press
> Lead Author, Beginning VB 6 Application Development, Wrox Press
> Attachment Options
> http://www.slovaktech.com/attachmentoptions.htm
> Extended Reminders
> http://www.slovaktech.com/extendedreminders.htm

> > Hi,

> > I'm trying to sort what appears to be an old problem, in
> > that I'm trying to get a contact Folder I've created
> > through MAPI (in VB) to appear as an e-mail address list.

> > Now I'm aware that it's available as a MAPIFolder property
> > in Outlook 2002. But we're a little behind and are still
> > using 2000.

> > Has anyone manage to resolve this problem through cdo or
> > extended MAPI?

> > Thanks

> > Craig.

Tue, 26 Oct 2004 01:32:32 GMT

1. Outlook 2000 & Contacts folder email address

2. Email address from a public contact folder - PLEASE HELP

3. List Bad Email Addresses in Folder

4. Removing Email addresses from Mailing List?

5. How can I get/guess email address of a folder under the Public Folder

6. How can I get/guess email address of a folder under the Public Folder

7. Mail server's address from Email address

8. Obtaining email addresses from Global Address List

9. smtp email addresses in the Outlook global address list

10. Enable a Public folder (contacts) for Outlook address Book

11. can i set the folder in the outlook folder list

12. contact folder into address book