Report based on two queries
Author Message
 Report based on two queries

Hi. I have a report that is based on two queries. The report has three
charts per page and prints 41 pages long. I set the same fields  ([date]
and [destination]) criteria for each query, then run the report. If I use a
parameter dialog box to input the criteria I have to answer the same
questions 123 times!  Is it possible to set the criteria(s) using a dialog
box only once. It isn't a lot of work to set the criteria twice in the
query design grids myself, but I want to hand the data input over to
somebody else, and the less they have to do the better. Any help gratefully
received.

Pat.

Wed, 14 Jul 2004 05:35:00 GMT
 Report based on two queries
Pat,

Probably the simplest way would be to have a couple of unbound
textboxes on the form from which you launch the printing of the
report, where you enter the criteria, and then have the queries and
any calculated controls on the report refer to these textboxes.  In
the queries, this means that instead of your parameter prompt in the
criteria row, you will instead put the equivalent of
[Forms]![YourFormName]![NameOfDate/DestinationCrieriaTextbox]

- Steve Schapel, Microsoft Access MVP

On Fri, 25 Jan 2002 21:35:00 GMT, "Patrick Stephens"

Quote:

>Hi. I have a report that is based on two queries. The report has three
>charts per page and prints 41 pages long. I set the same fields  ([date]
>and [destination]) criteria for each query, then run the report. If I use a
>parameter dialog box to input the criteria I have to answer the same
>questions 123 times!  Is it possible to set the criteria(s) using a dialog
>box only once. It isn't a lot of work to set the criteria twice in the
>query design grids myself, but I want to hand the data input over to
>somebody else, and the less they have to do the better. Any help gratefully
>received.

>Pat.

Wed, 14 Jul 2004 05:49:41 GMT

1. Using forms to select a report from multiple base queries

2. report based on a crosstab query

3. report based on a crosstab query

4. Parameter Query Based Report

5. Crystal Report based on an SQL query

6. Cannot create new report based on query

7. report based on query created in Crystal SQL Designer***

8. Same Report Based on Different Queries

9. Report based on SQL query

10. Crystal report based on Crystal query, doesnt work

11. Report based on Query file not reflecting changes: