Getting error 429a when trying create database
Author Message
 Getting error 429a when trying create database

Hi,

  I'm use VBA for excel with library DAO3.5  to create database Access type
( *.mdb ) .

On instruction CREATEDATABASE ( "c:\windows\DB.mdb", ), i'm getting error
429a.

Thank you for your help.

Emmanuel.

Sat, 19 Apr 2003 23:21:26 GMT
 Getting error 429a when trying create database

Hi,

I imagine you should have use:

    DBEngine.CreateDatabase( ... )

DBEngine is an object you don't need to create, it is created for you if you
refer to it in your code while referencing the DAO library, but since the
method CreateDatabase belong to it, you should use its (global) instance to
access the create database method... just a matter of syntax, at the end.

Hoping it may help,
Vanderghast, Access MVP

Quote:
> Hi,

>   I'm use vba for excel with library DAO3.5  to create database Access
type
> ( *.mdb ) .

> On instruction CREATEDATABASE ( "c:\windows\DB.mdb", ), i'm getting error
> 429a.

> Thank you for your help.

> Emmanuel.

Sun, 20 Apr 2003 19:54:49 GMT

1. Getting an Error 429 when trying to create an ADO connection

2. Getting error 3709 when trying to update a record

3. Getting syntax error when trying to execute a stored proc

4. Trying to create a database

5. Run time error when trying to save a created file

6. Error 429 trying to create Word objects - help!

7. Error 48 trying to create an instance of Outlook.Application

8. VB4 Setup problem--Error trying to create program icon-repost

9. trying to create account - how to interpret error?

10. Error Trying to create a db connection

11. Newbie error trying to create HW adapter

12. Error when trying to open another database using Application.OpenCurrentDatabase