How can I identify every new mail in the inbox folder ....? 
Author Message
 How can I identify every new mail in the inbox folder ....?

I'm using Outlook 2000.
The event NewMail dosen't work like i would like, because it's only a
notify.
Could I reference anyway each new mail?
Thanks.


Sun, 06 Jun 2004 18:28:32 GMT  
 How can I identify every new mail in the inbox folder ....?
NewMail also only fires at intervals. Use Item_Add on the Inbox folder
for an event that fires for every new item.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]
Lead Author, Professional Outlook 2000 Programming, Wrox Press
Lead Author, Beginning Visual Basic 6 Application Development, Wrox
Press



Quote:
> I'm using Outlook 2000.
> The event NewMail dosen't work like i would like, because it's only
a
> notify.
> Could I reference anyway each new mail?
> Thanks.



Sun, 06 Jun 2004 22:40:03 GMT  
 How can I identify every new mail in the inbox folder ....?
Thanks Ken. It works.



Quote:
> NewMail also only fires at intervals. Use Item_Add on the Inbox folder
> for an event that fires for every new item.

> --
> Ken Slovak
> [MVP - Outlook]
> Lead Author, Professional Outlook 2000 Programming, Wrox Press
> Lead Author, Beginning Visual Basic 6 Application Development, Wrox
> Press



> > I'm using Outlook 2000.
> > The event NewMail dosen't work like i would like, because it's only
> a
> > notify.
> > Could I reference anyway each new mail?
> > Thanks.



Sun, 06 Jun 2004 23:39:34 GMT  
 How can I identify every new mail in the inbox folder ....?
But it won't work if you receive email while Outlook is shutdown.

For example, if you close Outlook at the end of a business-day and then
actually receive email overnight, when you open Outlook in the morning, you
won't get an Item_Add for each email you've received overnight...for that I
wrote a rudimentary procedure that just says "anything unread in the inbox
when Outlook starts is 'new'"...this is not necessarily true, but it was
true-enough for my purposes.

--AJ



Quote:
> Thanks Ken. It works.



> > NewMail also only fires at intervals. Use Item_Add on the Inbox folder
> > for an event that fires for every new item.

> > --
> > Ken Slovak
> > [MVP - Outlook]
> > Lead Author, Professional Outlook 2000 Programming, Wrox Press
> > Lead Author, Beginning Visual Basic 6 Application Development, Wrox
> > Press



> > > I'm using Outlook 2000.
> > > The event NewMail dosen't work like i would like, because it's only
> > a
> > > notify.
> > > Could I reference anyway each new mail?
> > > Thanks.



Tue, 15 Jun 2004 03:38:54 GMT  
 
 [ 4 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Copying mails from Inbox to a particular folder.

2. Catching Arrival of new messages in the Inbox folder on a regular basis

3. Create New Mail in the Inbox

4. Notification when a new e-mail is sent to any e-mail Outlook folder

5. Missed New Mail/Inbox Items Add Events

6. Create New Mail in Inbox

7. catching every new mail that arrives

8. Identifying Messages in the Inbox Using Data Retrieved from a Drag-and-Drop

9. Copy old mail to new personal folder w/VBA

10. using ItemAdd on many folders to find new mail

11. detecting mail move/copy to new folder

12. New mail in which folder?

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software