DoCmd.OutputTo snapshot causes processing to stop
Author Message
 DoCmd.OutputTo snapshot causes processing to stop

I have a database that uses the OutputTo function to generate a couple of
files.

After the code is executed, the system stops in debug mode on the following
line.  I press F5 to resume processing and it completes without any
problems.

There is no error message. It just stops as if there is a breakpoint there.
It stops after the second report has finished.

Here is the code;

DoCmd.OutputTo acReport, "qReportSglHold", "SnapshotFormat(*.snp)",
"U:\sglhold2002.snp", False, ""
DoCmd.OutputTo acReport, "qReportSglHold", "SnapshotFormat(*.snp)",
"U:\archive\sglhold2002_" & Format(Date, "yyyymmdd") & ".snp", False, ""

The database is executing on a network, and writing the files to a network
drive.  I have other processes that execute from my HD and writes the files
to the same network folder using exact same code without any problems.

Anyone have a clue what is going on?

I'm using Access2000 SR1 on Windows2000.

Regards,

Glenn.

Tue, 14 Dec 2004 08:08:30 GMT
 DoCmd.OutputTo snapshot causes processing to stop
Hello Glen.
You forgot to post the "following line". Is it the Stop command? If so,
delete it.

Regards,
Wolfgang

Quote:
> I have a database that uses the OutputTo function to generate a couple of
> files.

> After the code is executed, the system stops in debug mode on the
following
> line.  I press F5 to resume processing and it completes without any
> problems.

> There is no error message. It just stops as if there is a breakpoint
there.
> It stops after the second report has finished.

> Here is the code;

> DoCmd.OutputTo acReport, "qReportSglHold", "SnapshotFormat(*.snp)",
> "U:\sglhold2002.snp", False, ""
> DoCmd.OutputTo acReport, "qReportSglHold", "SnapshotFormat(*.snp)",
> "U:\archive\sglhold2002_" & Format(Date, "yyyymmdd") & ".snp", False, ""

> The database is executing on a network, and writing the files to a network
> drive.  I have other processes that execute from my HD and writes the
files
> to the same network folder using exact same code without any problems.

> Anyone have a clue what is going on?

> I'm using Access2000 SR1 on Windows2000.

> Regards,

> Glenn.

Tue, 14 Dec 2004 18:01:17 GMT

1. DoCmd.OutputTo and the Snapshot Format

2. DoCmd.OutputTo just stops in Access 2000

3. This array is fixed or temporarily locked Error with DoCmd.OutputTo

4. Need faster than: DoCmd.OutputTo

5. Docmd.OutputTo

6. Help With DoCmd.OutputTo

7. doCmd.SendObject missing snapshot output format

8. stopping users from stopping background process

9. DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdCompactDatabase - causes error

10. Access - DoCmd.RunSQL causes messagebox to appear

11. module not processing all docmd

12. User form causes class to stop running events - 2nd post