Interesting text Problem
Author Message
 Interesting text Problem

Hello!

I have a little problem - so please help me.

I have a for loop that create up to 20 tabs. It can be either right, center
or left alignment. First I get the page width, and the left and right
marker. With those, I find the right tab position in the document.
In my application test the PageWidth is 453.600. I insert the first tab at
position 0, the second one at 11.34, the third one at 22.68, the fourth one
at 226.8. I insert up to 20 tabs, but I can give those four as an example.
Here is my problem: If I have a long text with one tab only, it's been
placed at the fourth tab position. If I have a short text it's placed at the
right position.

Do I really have to check the length of the text to get the right placement
of the tabs?

LongString01    tab1
string    Tab1
s    Tab1

Thanks. I hope anyone can help me. It's pretty urgent. That's all
programming. It should always work yesterday.

- Lars

Sun, 15 May 2005 05:57:11 GMT
 Interesting text Problem
I cannot imagine why you would want 20 tabs! Inevitably if the text passes
the first tab position the next one would be used. Use paragraph styles and
set the tabs you actually require, or layout using tables.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>
     Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

   Web site www.gmayor.dsl.pipex.com
  Word MVP web site www.mvps.org/word
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>

Quote:
> Hello!

> I have a little problem - so please help me.

> I have a for loop that create up to 20 tabs. It can be either right,
center
> or left alignment. First I get the page width, and the left and right
> marker. With those, I find the right tab position in the document.
> In my application test the PageWidth is 453.600. I insert the first tab at
> position 0, the second one at 11.34, the third one at 22.68, the fourth
one
> at 226.8. I insert up to 20 tabs, but I can give those four as an example.
> Here is my problem: If I have a long text with one tab only, it's been
> placed at the fourth tab position. If I have a short text it's placed at
the
> right position.

> Do I really have to check the length of the text to get the right
placement
> of the tabs?

> LongString01    tab1
> string    Tab1
> s    Tab1

> Thanks. I hope anyone can help me. It's pretty urgent. That's all
> programming. It should always work yesterday.

> - Lars

Sun, 15 May 2005 17:05:46 GMT
 Interesting text Problem
I first tried  to select all in my code, and then add the tabs I require,
but that didn't help me! Why? I could do this in my wordfile. I selected all
"CTRL+A" and then placed the tabs at the right position. It worked like a
charm. I would like to do this programmatically.

-Lars

Quote:
> I cannot imagine why you would want 20 tabs! Inevitably if the text passes
> the first tab position the next one would be used. Use paragraph styles
and
> set the tabs you actually require, or layout using tables.

> --
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>
>      Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

>    Web site www.gmayor.dsl.pipex.com
>   Word MVP web site www.mvps.org/word
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>

> > Hello!

> > I have a little problem - so please help me.

> > I have a for loop that create up to 20 tabs. It can be either right,
> center
> > or left alignment. First I get the page width, and the left and right
> > marker. With those, I find the right tab position in the document.
> > In my application test the PageWidth is 453.600. I insert the first tab
at
> > position 0, the second one at 11.34, the third one at 22.68, the fourth
> one
> > at 226.8. I insert up to 20 tabs, but I can give those four as an
example.
> > Here is my problem: If I have a long text with one tab only, it's been
> > placed at the fourth tab position. If I have a short text it's placed at
> the
> > right position.

> > Do I really have to check the length of the text to get the right
> placement
> > of the tabs?

> > LongString01    tab1
> > string    Tab1
> > s    Tab1

> > Thanks. I hope anyone can help me. It's pretty urgent. That's all
> > programming. It should always work yesterday.

> > - Lars

Sun, 15 May 2005 19:52:19 GMT

1. Here's an interesting problem for you...

2. Interesting problem with Printer and Access

3. Interesting Problem with Requerying a form (me.requery)

4. An Interesting Problem

5. Interesting VBA problem

6. Interesting problem - random vocabulary self-examination program

7. I have an interesting problem.

8. Interesting Command line problem!

9. Interest Datagrid problem.

10. interesting session problems

11. Interesting problem..

12. Interesting problem with DAO Data Control in Windows NT.