access to excel and back
Author Message
 access to excel and back

I have a form which access a query to select a distinct record.   Then that
data from the record is sent to specific cells in excel for calculations.
Once the calcualtions are done and ny changes are made I need to send the
updated data back to access and update the tables that the data comes from.
What is the easiest way to accomplish this.

I have thought about sendind the data to a row on the spreadsheet in the
order of the query so that way I can just bundel the cells at one time, and
then back  into an update query, and then to the correct tables.  How would
I do this the most efficiently.  Is there a better way.

Thanks,
Eric

Tue, 25 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 access to excel and back

Quote:

> I have a form which access a query to select a distinct record.   Then that
> data from the record is sent to specific cells in excel for calculations.
> Once the calcualtions are done and ny changes are made I need to send the
> updated data back to access and update the tables that the data comes from.
> What is the easiest way to accomplish this.

> I have thought about sendind the data to a row on the spreadsheet in the
> order of the query so that way I can just bundel the cells at one time, and
> then back  into an update query, and then to the correct tables.  How would
> I do this the most efficiently.  Is there a better way.

If you could do all the calculations *in* Access, it'd probably be a little
easier.  =)

--
-------------------------
| gHaD (Aaron Robinson) |

Tue, 25 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB Apps/from Access to Excel and back

2. Edit Access Record in Excel, then send back to Access using VBA

3. Back to back Excel & Word VBA macros

4. Using VBA to Send info from Excel Back to Access in Office 97

5. Running excel add-in (added into excel - not access) in Access VBA

6. read excel file in access 2000 lire fichier excel dans access 2000

7. OLE Access Excel (Datenimport von Excel in Access - muss nicht OLE sein)

8. Access to Excel; Excel to Access

9. Access to Outlook and back to Access again using VBA

10. Object reference back to Access from Word stored in Access

11. Getting back the formatted MsgBox in Access 2000 that worked in Access 97

12. From Access to Outlook and back to Access again using VBA