Breaking up a Word Document
Author Message
 Breaking up a Word Document

Hi,

I have created a macro to split up a document by style, page break or section
break into multiple documents.  Problem is I need to copy page setting and
header/footer information as well for each page to make sure they appear and are
the same.  These documents will be 1 or more pages.  In addition, I need to
reassemble these documents into one document when complete. Problem is how can I
extract the page/header/footer info for each page and reassemble to the documents
properly?

Seems like someone had to have created this in the past.  If so, anyone know how
much, where, etc.  Why recreate the wheel if I can buy one?

If you know anything about any of this, please contact me.

TIA,

Steve

Sat, 08 Nov 2003 01:47:00 GMT
 Breaking up a Word Document
Hi Steve,

Quote:
> I have created a macro to split up a document by style, page break or section
> break into multiple documents.  Problem is I need to copy page setting and
> header/footer information as well for each page to make sure they appear and are
> the same.  These documents will be 1 or more pages.  In addition, I need to
> reassemble these documents into one document when complete. Problem is how can I
> extract the page/header/footer info for each page and reassemble to the documents
> properly?

Depends a bit on how you're referring to the page to actually extract it, but in
principle you need to use something like Selection.Sections(1) or Range.Sections(1)
and go on from there to get the header, footer and pagesetup info.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.mvps.org/word
http://go.compuserve.com/MSOfficeForum

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow question or reply in
the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Fri, 14 Nov 2003 22:25:47 GMT

1. Saving page breaks from Word documents to text documents

2. Breaking a password for Word 8.0 document

3. Break Word with section breaks and pagesetup changes

4. Cutting a full Word document and pasting it in another Word Document

5. Accessing XML document from a Word document

6. Print a word document built from multiple sub documents using the RD tag

7. Mailmerge document restored to normal document (Word 2000)

8. (Q211727) Mail merge document restored to normal document - Word 2000

9. Trouble Opening a Word Document with VB.NET,Open member not found in Documents

10. Concerting word document to text document

11. Help. Reading/displaying/printing Word Documents/RTF documents

12. getting a document description from a word document