Add column to existing table
Author Message
 Add column to existing table

Use a DDL Query with SQL String like

ALTER TABLE YourTable
    ADD COLUMN TextField TEXT(40)

then you can use the Execute Method of the Database Object (DAO) or the
Connection Object to execute the above Query

Check Access Help on the ALTER keyword and the Execute Method.

HTH
Van T. Dinh

Quote:
> How do I add a column to a table from VBA?

> I have a table with 3 columns - now I want to create a
> 4th. I know how to do it in design view - but would like
> to do it with a VBA routine.

> Ian

Fri, 13 Aug 2004 21:40:32 GMT

1. Adox - Add Column to existing table (HELP!!)

2. add a column to an existing data table

3. add column to an existing data table

4. Adding new column to existing table

5. Adding new column to existing table

6. Adding new column to existing table

7. How to modified existing field and add new field in existing table for Access database

8. need help please:joined tables,add new entries based on one table columns

9. need help please:joined tables,add new entries based on one table columns

10. how to add columns to an existing index - ADOX

11. new columns in existing table

12. Adding required fields with default values to existing tables