function names not recognized in Access 97
Author Message
 function names not recognized in Access 97

In my Access 2.0 database I wrote forms that access modules during the
"On Current" event. I converted my Access database from 2.0 to 97. Now
my forms don't seem to recognize the modules I wrote. When running them
I get the message "The expression you entered has a function name that
Access can't find". Anyone run across this problem? Margaret

Thu, 16 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 function names not recognized in Access 97
Check your references:
1. Open any module
2. Choose Tools/References
3. Make sure that the word MISSING: is not before any of the libs.

--
Steve Clark (Aspiring MS MVP)
FMS, Inc.

Quote:

>In my Access 2.0 database I wrote forms that access modules during the
>"On Current" event. I converted my Access database from 2.0 to 97. Now
>my forms don't seem to recognize the modules I wrote. When running them
>I get the message "The expression you entered has a function name that
>Access can't find". Anyone run across this problem? Margaret

Fri, 17 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 function names not recognized in Access 97
Try compiling your whole database. You may have duplicate function names or functions using new 'keywords'
e.g. a function called RunCommand in Access 2 or 95 would work fine, but in Access 97 this is a keyword.

Sam

Quote:

>Check your references:
>1. Open any module
>2. Choose Tools/References
>3. Make sure that the word MISSING: is not before any of the libs.

>--
>Steve Clark (Aspiring MS MVP)
>FMS, Inc.
>Work: http://www.fmsinc.com
>Play: http://members.xoom.com/TightSqueeze/home.htm

>>In my Access 2.0 database I wrote forms that access modules during the
>>"On Current" event. I converted my Access database from 2.0 to 97. Now
>>my forms don't seem to recognize the modules I wrote. When running them
>>I get the message "The expression you entered has a function name that
>>Access can't find". Anyone run across this problem? Margaret

Sat, 18 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. ActiveX Control in an Access 97 Report - Properties not recognized

2. Access 7.0 does not recognize VBA functions

3. Access not recognizing string functions

4. Function not found in runtime project, Access 97

5. HELP : Access 97 doesn't recognize my MDB file

6. 32 bit API call not recognizing Alias Name

7. Name Not Recognized within Outlook

8. User defined function not recognized

9. Trim Function Not Recognized?

10. Format function not recognized

11. Left$, Right$ function not recognized in another computer.

12. Word can not recognize VBA function.