I tried a post of this same question in the outlook.vba
newsgroup and got a resounding silence, I will try here.
I need to know how the resource pool is loaded by Project
when the source is the global address list stored in
Exchange.  My problem is not accessing the info I need in
Exchange, I already got all that, nor expanding the
distribution lists, got that too. Where I am hung up is
Project eliminates any duplicates generated from people
being in more than one distribution list, then loads the
resource pool using the SetResourceField method.  I have
tried several approaches but can't quite figure out how to
create a "recordset" (lack of a better term) in order to
eliminate duplicates.  Doing it manually via the Assign
Resource dialog box works great but I need to automate the
same process that happens behind the form.  Recording a
macro is no help as it just captures the SetResourceField
method.  Any thoughts will be appreciated.  Thanks in
advance

Wed, 11 Aug 2004 06:18:51 GMT
I haven't done this, but I don't think that the method that Project uses to
grab the data from Exchange is exposed for your use.

Why don't you try creating an array of the existing resources and check
against that array to see if there are duplicates when you add another
resource?
You could check against the resources without the array, but if you are
doing this multiple times it might be nice to not have to loop through the
resources so many times.

I am a bit confused about what you are saying about people being in multiple
distribution lists. Why is that relevant to project at all?
--
Please try to keep replies in this group. I do check e-mail, but only
infrequently.

-Jack Dahlgren, Project MVP

+++++++++++++++++++

Quote:
> I tried a post of this same question in the outlook.vba
> newsgroup and got a resounding silence, I will try here.
> I need to know how the resource pool is loaded by Project
> when the source is the global address list stored in
> Exchange.  My problem is not accessing the info I need in
> Exchange, I already got all that, nor expanding the
> distribution lists, got that too. Where I am hung up is
> Project eliminates any duplicates generated from people
> being in more than one distribution list, then loads the
> resource pool using the SetResourceField method.  I have
> tried several approaches but can't quite figure out how to
> create a "recordset" (lack of a better term) in order to
> eliminate duplicates.  Doing it manually via the Assign
> Resource dialog box works great but I need to automate the
> same process that happens behind the form.  Recording a
> macro is no help as it just captures the SetResourceField
> method.  Any thoughts will be appreciated.  Thanks in
> advance

Wed, 11 Aug 2004 06:28:07 GMT

1. Adding resources to Global Resource Pool

2. Accessing Global Address List on Exchange Server???

3. Error in reading Exchange 2000 Global Address List

4. Add non-working time to Global Resource Pool

5. Obtaining email addresses from Global Address List

6. smtp email addresses in the Outlook global address list

7. Print Members in Global Address List or Personal Address book

8. Auto Load Resource Pool

9. Resource Pool and Competence Pool

10. ODBC Connection Pooling Vs OLE DB Resource Pooling

11. ODBC Connection Pooling Vs OLE DB Resource Pooling

12. exchange global addresses