Datasources...
Author Message
 Datasources...

Hi Jim,

Quote:
> is there a way, with VBA, to find out if a Word
> 97/95 document has a datasource WITHOUT OPENING THE
> DOCUMENT???

No. Well, yes, if you can look at the binary format. But that's no
longer VBA...

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.*-*-*.com/
http://www.*-*-*.com/
http://www.*-*-*.com/

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any
follow question or reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail
:-)

Mon, 20 Dec 2004 17:21:38 GMT
 Datasources...
Ok then...What I am trying to do is open a bunch of Word
97 files and save them in Word 95 format. The thing is,
some Word 95 documents have datasources linked to them,
and when I encounter this case, I want to remove the
datasource from the document and save it in Word 95 and
then close it. How can I stop the "open data source"
dialog box from opening?

thanks!

Quote:

Tue, 21 Dec 2004 01:36:17 GMT
 Datasources...
Hi Jim,

Use Word 2000 or Word 2002, with DisplayAlerts set to
false. Save them in that format, or in Word 95 format.

You have no other choice, if you don't want to sit there
and dismiss dialog boxes.

Quote:
> What I am trying to do is open a bunch of Word
> 97 files and save them in Word 95 format. The thing is,
> some Word 95 documents have datasources linked to them,
> and when I encounter this case, I want to remove the
> datasource from the document and save it in Word 95 and
> then close it. How can I stop the "open data source"
> dialog box from opening?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.mvps.org/word
http://go.compuserve.com/MSOfficeForum

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any
follow question or reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail
:-)

Tue, 21 Dec 2004 15:59:09 GMT

1. Reuse datalist with multiple datasources?

2. ODBC Datasources

3. ODBC DataSources

4. Datasources in controls

5. Selecting ODBC Datasources

6. Non relational datasources and ADO 2.5

7. Join QueryDef with two datasources

8. MSHFlexGrid and band operation WITHOUT datasources

9. Browsing datasources

10. Need a List-Control for extensive Datasources

11. Multiple datasources - how?

12. Subreports and changing datasources