Can I draw a circle?
Author Message
 Can I draw a circle?

I searched for instructions about drawing circles in the help file but it
only talks about drawing them in a report, is it possible to draw a circle
in a from like you draw lines?

--

Jorge E. Jaramillo

Sun, 24 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Can I draw a circle?
In one word: No. ... mmm ... but I guess you can automate another
application, maybe excel, and link a book to access ...mmm ... Not sure, I'm
just guessing ...

--
HTH/EQTA
Mario Osorio (Hot Budare)

: I searched for instructions about drawing circles in the help file but it
: only talks about drawing them in a report, is it possible to draw a circle
: in a from like you draw lines?
:
: --
:
: Jorge E. Jaramillo

:
:
:
:

Sun, 24 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Can I draw a circle?
Please give it a thought and let me know

--

Jorge E. Jaramillo

Quote:
> In one word: No. ... mmm ... but I guess you can automate another
> application, maybe excel, and link a book to access ...mmm ... Not sure,
I'm
> just guessing ...

> --
> HTH/EQTA
> Mario Osorio (Hot Budare)
> ===============================
> You'll find good answer to common and not so
> common questions at Dev Ashish's page:
> http://www.mvps.org/access
> En la pgina de Dev Ashish, indicada arriba,
> Ud. encontrar buenas respuestas
> a preguntas comunes y no tan comunes.
> ===============================

> : I searched for instructions about drawing circles in the help file but
it
> : only talks about drawing them in a report, is it possible to draw a
circle
> : in a from like you draw lines?
> :
> : --
> :
> : Jorge E. Jaramillo

> :
> :
> :
> :

Sun, 24 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Can I draw a circle?
Sorry ... Automation is not my best area ...

--
HTH/EQTA
'-'_'-'_'-'_'-'_'-'_'-'_'-'_'-'_'-'_'-'_'-'_'-'_'-'_'-'_'-'
You'll find good answer to common and not so
common questions at Dev Ashish's page:
http://www.mvps.org/access
En la pgina de Dev Ashish, indicada arriba,
Ud. encontrar buenas respuestas
a preguntas comunes y no tan comunes.
===============================

: Please give it a thought and let me know
:
: --
:
: Jorge E. Jaramillo

:
:

: > In one word: No. ... mmm ... but I guess you can automate another
: > application, maybe excel, and link a book to access ...mmm ... Not sure,
: I'm
: > just guessing ...
: >
: > --
: > HTH/EQTA
: > Mario Osorio (Hot Budare)
: > ===============================
: > You'll find good answer to common and not so
: > common questions at Dev Ashish's page:
: > http://www.mvps.org/access
: > En la pgina de Dev Ashish, indicada arriba,
: > Ud. encontrar buenas respuestas
: > a preguntas comunes y no tan comunes.
: > ===============================
: >

mensaje

: > : I searched for instructions about drawing circles in the help file but
: it
: > : only talks about drawing them in a report, is it possible to draw a
: circle
: > : in a from like you draw lines?
: > :
: > : --
: > :
: > : Jorge E. Jaramillo

: > :
: > :
: > :
: > :
: >
: >
:
:

Sun, 24 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Can I draw a circle?
This topic was discussed here just a couple of days ago.  Look at this
thread.

  -- Dev

Quote:
> I searched for instructions about drawing circles in the help file but it
> only talks about drawing them in a report, is it possible to draw a circle
> in a from like you draw lines?

> --

> Jorge E. Jaramillo

Mon, 25 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Can I draw a circle?
Thanks a lot I'll try it

--

Jorge E. Jaramillo

Quitar lo que sobra para escribirme directamente

Quote:
> This topic was discussed here just a couple of days ago.  Look at this
> thread.

>   -- Dev

> > I searched for instructions about drawing circles in the help file but
it
> > only talks about drawing them in a report, is it possible to draw a
circle
> > in a from like you draw lines?

> > --

> > Jorge E. Jaramillo

Mon, 25 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Can I draw a circle?
Could you please explain to me how to implement the code you sent?

I think that what I should do is a form with a command button named
Command0, then add the part:

Private Sub Command0_Click()
Dim hWnd As Long
Dim hDC As Long

    hWnd = fGetClientHandle(Me)
    hDC = apiGetDC(hWnd)
    Call apiArc(hDC, 10, 10, 50, 50, _
                    100, 100, 150, 150)
    Call apiReleaseDC(hWnd, hDC)
End Sub
To the Command0_Click Event

Then add a Class Module to the project and write the rest of the code:

' ********** Code Start ***********

'*********** Code End ************

But if I do so when I try to run it I get the error: "Compilation error" The
function or Sub hasn't been defined and fGetClientHandle(Me)  is highlighted
What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

--

Jorge E. Jaramillo

Quitar lo que sobra para escribirme directamente

Quote:
> This topic was discussed here just a couple of days ago.  Look at this
> thread.

>   -- Dev

> > I searched for instructions about drawing circles in the help file but
it
> > only talks about drawing them in a report, is it possible to draw a
circle
> > in a from like you draw lines?

> > --

> > Jorge E. Jaramillo

Thu, 28 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Can I draw a circle?

Quote:
> Could you please explain to me how to implement the code you sent?

All the listed code has to be present in the form itself.  There's no need
to create a separate class module as the form's code actually resides as a
class itself.

 -- Dev

Fri, 29 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Can I draw a circle?
If I put all the code in the form I get the message  "The comments have to
be after End Sub or End function" and the cursor stops after End Sub at the
' ********** Code Start ***********  line
--

Jorge E. Jaramillo

Quote:

> > Could you please explain to me how to implement the code you sent?

> All the listed code has to be present in the form itself.  There's no need
> to create a separate class module as the form's code actually resides as a
> class itself.

>  -- Dev

Fri, 29 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Can I draw a circle?
It's happened to me before when I copy and paste code from a ng message.
Just delete all blank lines and all blank spaces to the left of ech line (I
mean spaces AND tabs), replace them propperly and voila!

--
HTH/EQTA
'-'_'-'_'-'_'-'_'-'_'-'_'-'_'-'_'-'_'-'_'-'_'-'_'-'_'-'_'-'
You'll find good answer to common and not so
common questions at Dev Ashish's page:
http://www.mvps.org/access
En la pgina de Dev Ashish, indicada arriba,
Ud. encontrar buenas respuestas
a preguntas comunes y no tan comunes.
===============================

: If I put all the code in the form I get the message  "The comments have to
: be after End Sub or End function" and the cursor stops after End Sub at
the
: ' ********** Code Start ***********  line
: --
:
: Jorge E. Jaramillo

:

: >

: > > Could you please explain to me how to implement the code you sent?
: > >
: >
: > All the listed code has to be present in the form itself.  There's no
need
: > to create a separate class module as the form's code actually resides as
: > class itself.
: >
: >  -- Dev
: >
: >
: >
: >
:
:

Fri, 29 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Can I draw a circle?
I erased the blank spaces, but how can I delete the indentations? the
program would loose all sense

--

Jorge E. Jaramillo

Quitar lo que sobra para escribirme directamente

Quote:
> It's happened to me before when I copy and paste code from a ng message.
> Just delete all blank lines and all blank spaces to the left of ech line
(I
> mean spaces AND tabs), replace them propperly and voila!

> --
> HTH/EQTA
> '-'_'-'_'-'_'-'_'-'_'-'_'-'_'-'_'-'_'-'_'-'_'-'_'-'_'-'_'-'
>    Mario Osorio  (Hot Budare)
> '-'_'-'_'-'_'-'_'-'_'-'_'-'_'-'_'-'_'-'_'-'_'-'_'-'_'-'_'-'
> ===============================
> You'll find good answer to common and not so
> common questions at Dev Ashish's page:
> http://www.mvps.org/access
> En la pgina de Dev Ashish, indicada arriba,
> Ud. encontrar buenas respuestas
> a preguntas comunes y no tan comunes.
> ===============================

> : If I put all the code in the form I get the message  "The comments have
> : be after End Sub or End function" and the cursor stops after End Sub at
> the
> : ' ********** Code Start ***********  line
> : --
> :
> : Jorge E. Jaramillo

> :

> : >

> : > > Could you please explain to me how to implement the code you sent?
> : > >
> : >
> : > All the listed code has to be present in the form itself.  There's no
> need
> : > to create a separate class module as the form's code actually resides
as
> : > class itself.
> : >
> : >  -- Dev
> : >
> : >
> : >
> : >
> :
> :

Fri, 29 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Can I draw a circle?
I wrote the code like this:

Option Compare Database
Option Explicit
Private Sub Comando0_Click()
Dim hWnd As Long
Dim hDC As Long
    hWnd = fGetClientHandle(Me)
    hDC = apiGetDC(hWnd)
    Call apiArc(hDC, 10, 10, 50, 50, 100, 100, 150, 150)
    Call apiReleaseDC(hWnd, hDC)
End Sub
HERE IS WHERE THE HIGHLIGHT BEGINS' ********** Code Start ***********
Private Declare Function apiArc Lib "gdi32" _
    Alias "Arc" _

UP UNTILWHERE THE NEXT COMMENT BEGINS

What could be the cause of the problem?

--

Jorge E. Jaramillo

Quitar lo que sobra para escribirme directamente

Quote:

> > Could you please explain to me how to implement the code you sent?

> All the listed code has to be present in the form itself.  There's no need
> to create a separate class module as the form's code actually resides as a
> class itself.

>  -- Dev

Fri, 29 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. How draw circle in UserForm in Word?

2. drawing lines and circles

3. Circle drawing for PowerBASIC

4. Circle drawing for Brand X

5. Circle drawing code

6. Want to draw a circle

7. Drawing circles

8. MSChart - drawing circles

9. drawing circles onto picture boxes

10. Who to Draw a Semi-Circle

11. How to draw graphic circles outside a form, over other application screens

12. Draw and UnDraw a circle on a form?