Forms, Data, Searches?
Author Message
 Forms, Data, Searches?

Hi,
I have a data base with a main data entry form, and two subforms
embedded with in it.
One subform contains the fields Course Name and Date(Year) the other,
contains Course Name, Date (dd/mm/yy), And an ID.

What I want to be able to do is to enter the date, in the second subform
and using some sort of search, using a date part expression, to go into
the other form and find the corresponding course to save entry of the
data twice.

Before I get told off for requiring the course entered twice, I need the
course in both fields for different types of querys and reports.

I would be very appreciative if you could e-mail any suggestions to me,

Thank You.
Mark.

Thu, 27 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Forms, Data, Searches?
mark, it is not clear to me what you want to do, but your comment '........I
need the course in both fields for different types of querys and reports.'
indicates that you may need to revisit your basic design/approach. the whole
idea of relational database design is to make it unnecessary to repeat the
same data in various tables when you '........ need the course in both
fields for different types of querys and reports.'

i hope you to not feel that you being '...told off ...' that is not my
intent. but if you start off with a bad design, and it sounds as though you
ar doing that, things become harder and harder to do done the line. they
compound to the point where much of what must be done serves no purpose
except to overcome what you have designed into your database. things that
sould be simple can become complex.

'nough said..

--
make a nice day,
TomG

Quote:
> Hi,
> I have a data base with a main data entry form, and two subforms
> embedded with in it.
> One subform contains the fields Course Name and Date(Year) the other,
> contains Course Name, Date (dd/mm/yy), And an ID.

> What I want to be able to do is to enter the date, in the second subform
> and using some sort of search, using a date part expression, to go into
> the other form and find the corresponding course to save entry of the
> data twice.

> Before I get told off for requiring the course entered twice, I need the
> course in both fields for different types of querys and reports.

> I would be very appreciative if you could e-mail any suggestions to me,

> Thank You.
> Mark.

Thu, 27 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Searching Form Data Entry Control

2. displaying data in a search form

3. displaying data in a search form

4. centralized data source and data tables for multiple form VB Application

5. Sorting mdb data and VB5 data forms

6. Data Form Wizard/Visual Data Problem

7. Passing field data from data control between forms

8. help with Data-Aware classes and Data Forms

9. comparing MSChart populated data with original data in variant form

10. Data Form Wizard/Visual Data Problem

11. Retreiving data from HTML form textbox's and returning data to client

12. multipart/form-data Need just data string help