Getting network stats
Author Message
 Getting network stats

Does anybody know of a way to grab the statistics that come from the dial up
networking status window and save them....I have an application where
clients dial in a grab data, and I need to log that information...the data
that I need is as follows:
    Speed connected at
    Bytes Received
    Bytes Sent
    and if it is possible, protocol(s) connected with
I want to save these to a plain text file that I will then dump to a printer
Anybody??

Thanks
Joel

Mon, 31 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Getting network stats

I don't think the speed shown in the dial-up is to be trusted. When I
connect it says "connected at 115200 bps". This is of course BS as Im using
a 64k modem.

But on to the Q:
When setting up the dialer/modem (dont remember exact details) U can check
the "Make a logfile". If U press F1 for help on it (im talking win95 here)
it tells U the path and name of the logfile (I think its
c:\windows\modemlog.txt). U could read from that file when the transfer is
done (or when the connection is closed.)

Quote:
> Does anybody know of a way to grab the statistics that come from the dial
up
> networking status window and save them....I have an application where
> clients dial in a grab data, and I need to log that information...the
data
> that I need is as follows:
>     Speed connected at
>     Bytes Received
>     Bytes Sent
>     and if it is possible, protocol(s) connected with
> I want to save these to a plain text file that I will then dump to a
printer
> Anybody??

> Thanks
> Joel

Sat, 05 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Network data transfer stats

2. !Getting A Form To Stat On Top

3. getting current time from network

4. Getting a users network loggin name

5. Getting UNC Network Path Name

6. Getting UNC Network name in Access V2

7. Getting file lock info across network

8. Remotly getting the MAC of a PC on the network

9. Treeview control - getting Network Neighborhood

10. GETTING VB5 TO WORK WITH A NOVELL NETWORK

11. getting Network login