determining if a string is alpha or numeric
Author Message
 determining if a string is alpha or numeric

Hi!
I want to make sure a user enters no alpha characters in a string --
only numeric. Is there a way to do this?
Thanks in advance!
Andy

Mon, 02 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 determining if a string is alpha or numeric

Quote:

>Hi!
>I want to make sure a user enters no alpha characters in a string --
>only numeric. Is there a way to do this?
>Thanks in advance!
>Andy

The following was copied from the Help file:
This example uses the IsNumeric function to determine if a variable can be
evaluated as a number.

Dim MyVar, MyCheck
MyVar = "53"  ' Assign value.
MyCheck = IsNumeric(MyVar)      ' Returns True.

MyVar = "459.95"      ' Assign value.
MyCheck = IsNumeric(MyVar)      ' Returns True.

MyVar = "45 Help"     ' Assign value.
MyCheck = IsNumeric(MyVar)      ' Returns False.

Best regards,
Merjet

Tue, 03 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 determining if a string is alpha or numeric
Take a look at the 'Input Mask' in the help file.

Mike Ober.

Quote:

>Hi!
>I want to make sure a user enters no alpha characters in a string --
>only numeric. Is there a way to do this?
>Thanks in advance!
>Andy

Tue, 03 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. How do I increment Alpha-Numeric Strings?

2. How to romve non alpha-numeric chars from a string

3. Help - convert numeric to alpha currency

4. Alpha+Numeric sorting (long listing)

5. Looking for Alpha-numeric paging module

6. Alpha-Numeric sorting?

7. VB with Alpha Numeric Pager

8. looking for alpha-numeric paging module

9. Alpha Numeric Pager Code

10. Looking for Alpha-Numeric paging routines

11. Alpha to Numeric conversion required

12. Code to create a random alpha-numeric password?