Changing datecreated or version using DSOFile?
Author Message
 Changing datecreated or version using DSOFile?

Hi all,

I'm trying to modify document properties using asp, via DSOFile.dll.
The info in the author field does change but the datecreated doesn't,
it just talks back. Is there any listing of all dsofile functions and
properties anywhere? How about that?

thanks
Pirjut

Fri, 25 Jun 2004 08:29:55 GMT
 Changing datecreated or version using DSOFile?
Hi Pirjut,

AFAIK the creationdate is a read-only property.
For more info on DSOFILE check:
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MacrosVBA/DSOFile.htm
and
http://support.microsoft.com/?ID=KB;;Q224351

and if the reference is loaded, you could see the methods and properties
inside the Object Browser

Hope this helps,
regards,
Astrid

So that all can benefit from the discussion, please post all follow-ups to
the newsgroup.
Visit the MVP Word FAQ site at http://www.mvps.org/word/

Quote:
> Hi all,

> I'm trying to modify document properties using asp, via DSOFile.dll.
> The info in the author field does change but the datecreated doesn't,
> it just talks back. Is there any listing of all dsofile functions and
> properties anywhere? How about that?

> thanks
> Pirjut

Sat, 26 Jun 2004 08:07:43 GMT
 Changing datecreated or version using DSOFile?
thanks

is there a way to access those write-protected fields or do i have to
copy the data to some custom property fields?

pirjut

Sat, 26 Jun 2004 22:55:44 GMT
 Changing datecreated or version using DSOFile?
Hi Pirjut,

You can read them but not change them. If you need something you can change,
then yes, you can create a new custom documentproperty that holds the value
you need.

Hope this helps,
regards,
Astrid

So that all can benefit from the discussion, please post all follow-ups to
the newsgroup.
Visit the MVP Word FAQ site at http://www.mvps.org/word/

Quote:
> thanks

> is there a way to access those write-protected fields or do i have to
> copy the data to some custom property fields?

> pirjut

Sat, 26 Jun 2004 23:15:15 GMT

1. Using DateCreated to update changing files

2. Using Dsofile.dll to list Custom Doc Props

3. DateCreated property

4. Forms DateCreated

5. DateCreated - can I modify this?

6. DateCreated